Body Rocket has developed a novel bike sensor technology which allows the direct, instantaneous measurement of drag force due to the rider's body. Together with the rider biometric information and ambient conditions that our device gathers over the entire course of a ride, this live aerodynamics revolutionises training for cyclists and triathletes and enables them to choose their best cycling position in real-time, under any conditions. Data analysis and processing is a fundamental element of Body Rocket, as a full exploitation of the information from our live streams require post-training modelling and characterisation. As we move to the commercial launch of our product, our data volume and demand for efficient data handling will increase.
Your Duties and Responsibilities
We are looking for a data analyst/engineer to join our technology team in 2022. You will work with our Performance Data Analyst, Embedded Developer and CTO to develop and integrate back & front-end data analysis tools for our commercial product. Examples of tasks you will be in charge of include:
- Building and maintaining the Body Rocket database, and associated pipelines, which will have multi-platform access.
- Identify ways to improve data handling for computation optimization and data visualization at the user interface.
- Helping to develop the analysis tools for a live feedback system informing the user about aerodynamic gain/losses during cycling.
- Optimisation and integration of machine learning algorithms for:
- improving user-friendliness of device set-up and calibration procedure,
- improving user experience.
- Rider profiling, e.g., for pacing strategies recommendations, from existing rider’s training sessions databases.
What we look for/Required Qualifications
- A degree in computer science, informatics or related topics.
- Demonstrated commercial experience.
- In-depth understanding and experience in database architecture design, data orchestration and management.
- Expertise in data modelling, machine learning techniques and signal processing.
- Knowledge of distributed analytics tools for large data sets, not essential but a plus.
- Proficiency in SQL and general knowledge of cloud and data warehouse services (e.g. AWS).
- Proficiency in Python, and ideally another relevant low- and/or high-level programming language (C, C#, Java is a plus. ).
- Familiarity with version control systems (e.g. git & git clients).
- An interest, or experience, in sports and performance is preferred
- Someone who likes working in a team, have a problem-solving mindset and is focused on the user experience
- Ability to work on-site (Brighton) some of the time.
What we offer
- A friendly and enthusiastic team in an exciting and dynamic start-up pitched for high global growth
- A challenging job at the cutting edge of modern-day sensor technology
- Competitive salary, flexible working hours and opportunities to earn equity through our bonus scheme
- An environment covering a wide range of technology, from low level hardware and software through real-time web applications to complex ML techniques, with plenty of opportunity for learning, skill development and career advancement in a company culture where these are strongly encouraged
- The opportunity to work with University partners across UK & Europe, as well as with athletes in the cycling & triathlon industry. The data Body Rocket is collecting is cutting-edge, and has generated a lot of interest from researchers around the world.