Principal Consultant / Senior Account Director
Man Bites Dog is a multi-award winning Communications and PR consultancy working with some of the world’s most exciting companies, including global leaders and challengers in the tech, professional services and financial services sectors. From sustainability to the future of work, our campaigns focus on some of today’s biggest issues and apply fresh thinking to fascinating subjects.
We do interesting and inspiring work to be proud of and have built a collegiate culture based on hard work and good fun. It’s one of the reasons we win so many awards, and why our team choose to stay and grow with us.
As a Principal Consultant at Man Bites Dog, your responsibilities will include:
- Ideas and strategy: Leading ideas generation, creating integrated PR and marketing campaigns and offering strategic direction.
- Accountable for quality control: Giving final sign-off on all team deliverables including copywriting, writing heavy-weight whitepapers and creating strategic plans and proposals.
- New business: Focusing on strategic organic growth, proactive lead generation, contracts and attending senior level networking events.
- Financial Management: Responsible for profitability, resourcing, fee forecasting and commercial performance.
- Strategic campaign management: Using your knowledge of data and research methods to ensure each campaign that you deliver provides original insights with strong media value, while also speaking to the unique proposition of your clients.
- Client relations and management: Acting as the trusted advisor with overall responsibility for client activity and building client relationships
- People management: Managing account teams and training, mentoring and supporting staff.
- Ad-hoc: Pitching in and supporting your pack with ad-hoc work as required.
The key qualities we’re looking for in our new recruits:
- A business enthusiast with experience in B2B marketing communications.
- A PR and marketing expert with an excellent knowledge of the global news agenda and strong media & influencer relations skills.
- An industry and sector expert – solid understanding of business audiences that our clients target, from SMEs to global corporates.
- An outstanding communicator – written and verbal.
- An exceptional consultant able to maintain and grow client relationships.
- A strategic thinker able to design and deliver complex campaigns.
- A creative genius that can craft a compelling story, generate and evidence big ideas.
- A top-notch project manager able to work to objectives, targets, deadlines and deliver results.
- An unflappable operator and problem solver who can juggle multiple responsibilities.
- An excellent track record in winning new business – able to grow existing clients and identify and win new ones.
- An inspiring leader who loves helping their team and clients reach their full potential.
- Strong commercial acumen – first-rate financial planning and reporting with the ability to set and work to budget and monitor profitability.
It’s the depth of the partnerships with clients in this position which is so important. We work on leading research and economic analysis to put substance behind our campaigns, so any examples of this type of experience would be great too. We’re looking for someone with the right blend of strategic thinking and hands-on delivery, who can drive business development and can work in a fast-moving consultancy environment. The right candidate will have great working relationships and clients and needs to be excellent with client and commercial management.
- 25 days annual leave, increasing with length of service as well as an additional day off for your birthday.
- Individual training budget to be spent on your career growth and development.
- Flexible and hybrid working options.
- A social calendar your friends will be jealous of, including an annual business planning weekend trip to Europe!
- A bright and inspiring office based in the heart of Brighton, a stones throw from the beach.
- A CEO and Senior Leadership team dedicated to the business and their team.
- All the usual pension, health plans etc.
Man Bites Dog encourages applications from candidates from diverse and under-represented backgrounds. Our office is fully accessible for wheelchair users.
More search results
Design and Communications Officer
Burgess Hill Girls
Senior Graphic Designer, with excellent PowerPoin…
Claritas Communications Limited
Mid Level Front End Developer
Digital Service Specialist
Pavilion Publishing and Media Ltd
Marketing Manager - Social Care
Pavilion Publishing and Media Ltd