Backend Developer (with WordPress)
- Brighton, East Sussex
- Competitive, £40k - £45K DOE
- Back-End Development, Full Stack Development, Design / Creative
- Contract Type
NLS are a fast-paced, busy and growing digital agency within the healthcare, government and technology sectors. We thrive in making digital products like apps, e-learning, websites, digital services, and digital marketing campaigns for our clients. Our commitment to exceptional customer service means we have a great record of retaining our clients and attracting new business. In fact, we are proud to claim that we are growing at 40% - 50% per annum.
We work hard and play hard so whilst there’s a low-level, buzzy environment in the office, there’s always quiet space too. We don’t have bean bags, but we do have beer on tap, some very decent coffee and we hold many social events to decompress and mingle!
We are now looking to add another experienced and versatile Backend Developer to our technical team. You will have the opportunity to influence how we work, with your views and recommendations helping to finesse our approach and technology roadmap.
What’s in it for you?
- It’s a full-time, permanent role, with a salary in range of £40k - £45K, dependent on experience and potential
- We offer a company contributory Pension Scheme
- We value our staff and operate a Reward & Recognition scheme, including bonuses and gifts
- You will have access to valuable support via our Employee Assistance Programme (with BHSF Connect)
- Access to a generous holiday allowance, including your birthday off
- Central Brighton location (hybrid working will be considered)
- Training & Development opportunities, including regular reviews
- Demonstrable commercial experience in software and web development
- Strong knowledge of PHP
- Experience building WordPress sites and willingness to work on all aspects of it
- Strong time management and planning skills
- Ability to work with other Developers to review own work and share best practice
- Drupal experience, preferably 8 & 9
- PHP frameworks such as Laravel
- Knowledge of frontend JS frameworks, such as React or Vue
- Experience managing servers (mainly Linux)
- Knowledge of containerisation (Docker) and CI/CD pipelines
- Node and .NET C# experience
- Experience working in Agile project teams
- Experience working within an agency environment
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud
- Experienced in backend development and have the drive to get the work done
- Able to solve problems independently and as part of a team
- Recognise what you are good at and where there are gaps
- Thrive as a team player and are willing to teach and to learn
- Anticipate, predict and resolve problems before schedules are impacted
This role is not fully remote; please only apply if you can reasonably commute to our offices in Brighton, East Sussex. There will be opportunities for flexible working, however, you will need to be present in the office for the majority of the working week.
You must also have the right to work in the UK to be considered for this role.