Investment in technology is at the forefront of MPBs mission, with a clear view of what our product should be, and we’re looking for talented people like you to join us.
We have doubled our software engineering team in the last year and are entering our next stage of growth. We’re hiring for Software Engineers from Associate level through to Lead.
Led by Sophie Davies-Patrick, winner of the CTO of the Year at the Women in IT Awards 2021, you’ll be working with a vibrant team on a range of projects.
Sophie has implemented career frameworks for the team so that you will know exactly how your career can progress and it is tailored for the direction that you want to take. The team is dedicated to R&D and fosters a culture of openness and quality.
What you’ll be doing day to day
- You’ll be designing and implementing Python web services in Django and Flask
- Working in a supportive Scrum team, collaborating with Frontend Engineers and Test Automation Engineers to ensure integrations with APIs are correct and complete
- Documenting your APIs so they can be consumed by the Frontend and Test Automation teams, as well as the Data Analytics team
You’ll need some of these skills
- Experience with Python or another OOP
- Django framework & ORM skills
- Experience managing Git workflows
- Understanding of Relational Databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Experience with Docker, both building and running images
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
What does MPB do (and why should you be interested)?
MPB is the marketplace leader for buying and selling used photography and videography equipment around the world. We believe in the recirculation of equipment and ensuring that we reduce as much waste as we can. Sustainability is at the heart of what we do, as is accessibility to equipment for all people. We have a clear mission that filters through all areas of the business. Our culture is non-hierarchical and we embrace autonomy.
We’re based in central Brighton (Ship Street) and we operate a hybrid working policy of 2 days in the office per week and 3 days working remotely.
Our standard working week is 37.5 hours, but we aim to be as flexible as possible. If you’re looking for part time work or want to explore job sharing or talk to us directly about your needs, then don’t hesitate to apply or get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
At MPB we support our staff and their careers in every way we can.
We provide 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, 4% employer contributory pension scheme, and private healthcare for you and your children, from your start date.
You will also have access to our Employee Assistance Programme, and a range of employee discounts.
How to apply
If you have an up to date CV, hit apply and we will get in touch with you. If you don’t have an updated CV to hand, or you want to find out more, get in touch with us at email@example.com to talk to our Internal Recruiter.
Everyone will receive a response.