Customer Success Director
- 15gifts Ltd
- Century House, 15-19 Dyke Rd, Brighton
- £60k-£65k (+ 15% OTE)
- Customer Service, Sales, eCommerce
- Contract Type
At 15gifts, we’re obsessed with the psychology of choice. We study the key consumer psychology principles that enable consumers to make confident choices on the high street, and we replicate these within our digital guided selling technology to enable consumers to make the same confident decisions online.
We work with some of the world’s leading telecommunications and media brands throughout Europe & the U.S. with our technology powering millions of confident customer decisions across brands such as Verizon, T-Mobile, O2, Virgin Media, EE, BT, Tesco, Three, and Vodafone.
With every interaction, we learn more about our clients' customers. Gathering insights to generate increasingly accurate product recommendations, whilst building up a detailed profile of each individual consumer.
We’re a fast-growing organisation with continued ambitious growth targets over the coming years and we’re extremely excited about the opportunities that lie ahead. We’re a team that’s made of driven, ambitious and exceptional individuals and we’re looking for like-minded people to become part of our success story.
About the role
Sitting within the Customer team, you'll partner with Customer Analytics to proactively drive the performance and value of the guided selling engine across a strategic portfolio.
You will be key to ensuring that our retention, growth & health goals are achieved, and will use your leadership, instinct, and strategic ways of thinking to build relationships, align internal teams behind the same goals, growing your accounts by driving consistent value for your portfolio.
We have plans to grow the Customer team substantially over the next few years; you will be a key part of this journey as we grow our team, define new processes, and unlock opportunities for you to progress in your career.
The person we’re looking for
- A leader: You are exemplary at relationship building at multiple levels and can navigate complex organisational networks - from building strong champions to nurturing relationships with executive sponsors. You are an expert at leading your internal squad to the achievement of goals and targets, and can lead on customer success strategies and best practices.
- A Customer Success expert: You have a successful track record of managing strategic accounts through onboarding, growth, and renewals; consistently unlocking value and growth at each stage of the customer lifecycle.
- Commercially minded: You have an intuitive, commercial mindset that enables you to confidently deliver on revenue forecasting, contract renewals, growth opportunities, and identify any potential risks to customer health at the earliest opportunity.
You’ll be responsible for
- Proactively driving the performance and value of the guided selling engine across a strategic portfolio (£1m+) to ensure that retention, growth & health goals are achieved
- Ownership of the customer from post-sale through to renewal including successfully onboarding and passing proof of concepts, delivering performance lead success plans, owning the renewals processes to ensure retention and annual growth and risk management within the customer base
- Creating and nurturing relationships with champions, executive sponsors and broader relationships within the customer base
- Leadership of the internal squad, QBRs, and key meetings to ensure that the customer is delivered high-quality outcomes that drive value and performance
- Leading on and feeding into the Customer Success strategy and best practice
- Mentorship of the Customer team to ensure that best practice and knowledge is shared amongst the entire team and the customer portfolio
Skills and experience
- 5+ years of prior experience in a customer-facing, commercial role
- Proven delivery on high revenue renewals with the ability to drive growth through successful negotiation
- Excellent interpersonal/customer relations skills; clear written and verbal communicator, confident in-person communicator and presenter
- Proven ability to engage and develop Champions and Executive Sponsors at a strategic level
- Previous experience in coordinating and leading regular, multi-team business reviews for our customers with clear outcomes on customer health and future growth opportunities
- Experienced in forecasting revenue/performance to a high degree of accuracy
- Can lead and direct an internal team on strategic planning for a customer, from ideation and goal creation to execution and delivery, with clear success metrics
- Self-starter who is proactive, detailed orientated, can prioritise their workload and manage multiple projects and initiatives consecutively
- Excellent technical competence with a good understanding of data
- A master collaborator who has a passion for mentoring and sharing best practices within the Customer team and wider business
- Has worked with or within media/telecommunication companies (desirable)
- Has worked with or within digital e-commerce teams or companies (desirable)
Why choose us
Our success is underpinned by our cultural values. These values are not something we stick up on a wall – they don’t need to be. They are behaviours that we recognise and celebrate in each other. They are what we live by every day.
Our Cultural Values
- Celebrate brilliance
- Take ownership
- Share Insights
- Look for a better way
- Support each other
Our values are driven through Culture Club – a staff team that rotates every quarter. Advocates for our culture as we grow, Culture Club activates ideas, makes improvements and helps everyone to connect.
Our office and remote working
We can confidently say that our sea-view office is one of Brighton’s best, and we’re really excited that we’ve been able to open up the office to our entire team again. It’s been great to reconnect with everyone in person and to meet the newer members of our team for the first time!
Whilst we see huge benefits to being able to collaborate and socialise together again, we’ve also learnt a lot about the benefits of working from home. Therefore, we plan to offer our team the flexibility to be in the office when they want to be, and when they need to attend key meetings and workshops, and to work from home on the days when that suits their lives and their workloads best.
When in the office, we have flexible workspaces, which means you’re not tied to a desk, unless you want to be. You could work in a sociable spot on floor 4, or set yourself up with a screen on floor 3. This is everyone’s space and it’s available after work – our staff host everything from gaming and craft nights to adventure film screenings.
- Employee Assistance Programme (confidential counselling)
- Medicash healthcare scheme (reclaim costs for dental, physiotherapy, osteopathy and optical care)
- easitBrighton travel scheme (discounted public transport options)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Insurance scheme
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
Other extras in the office
- On site changing rooms, showers and internal bike storage
- Breakfast, fresh fruit, snacks, beers
- Yoga and other fitness activities
- Regular social events, including Friday drinks and book club
- Visits from friendly office dogs
For more information on what it's like to work at 15gifts, check out our Talent Talk with Wired Sussex