Travel Team Customer Service Specialist
At Responsible Travel we want to inspire our customers to travel and discover the world. However, we also realise that we must do our bit to help our fragile planet and are committed to reducing carbon and restoring nature. We believe that there is a win:win in travelling responsibly - when you travel in such a way that local communities benefit and nature is preserved, customers also benefit as they’re brought a little closer to both. We are also honest enough to see our limitations and want to be a more inclusive company and we encourage applications from all walks of life even if you have not worked for a travel company before.
So if you like helping people and want to help address the climate crisis and help our customers then do read on.
We are looking for someone to join our Travel Team, who help our customers find the right holiday for them. We want someone to join the team who cares as much about looking after our customers as they do about restoring our planet. We are looking for a person who sees the value in exceptional customer service and genuinely enjoys helping people. There is so much mediocre and poor customer service out there that good service stands out and that is what we are trying to deliver through our Travel Team. Ultimately we want our service to be memorable so that customers not only return but also tell their family and friends about us.
Your main task will be dealing with customer travel enquiries via email and incoming calls. We try and help our customers pick out the right trips run on the ground by our 450 partner tour operators from the 6000 we offer. Helping customers find the right holiday for them is crucial so it is important that you are a good listener.
Key things we are looking for:
- Someone who gets the genuine joy and buzz you get from helping people
- Excellent telephone manner with the ability to build rapport very quickly with customers and understands that a customer can tell if you’re smiling and listening or not
- A good level of written and spoken english
- Someone who is prepared to do what it takes for the customer and not leave an enquiry hanging until tomorrow
- A recognition that we all do need to travel differently to restore our planet
- Ability to show initiative and be confident in taking on new tasks
- Someone who is comfortable with evening and weekend and bank holiday shifts
- Someone who is self-motivated to get the job done to a high standard (especially when working remotely)
- Someone who is happy to help out teammates and other departments when needed
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm and cheerful
- Some travel knowledge and a passion for travel
Full on the job training will be provided and you should bear in mind it will take a while to learn about all the genuinely incredible members we work with who runs our trips.
Remuneration & Benefits
Salary £27.5k pa DOE
Benefits include – being part of generous profit share scheme, the ability to take a half day a month to volunteer with a local cause that you feel passionately about, 1 or 2 full volunteering days out as a company per year, 26 days holiday and more.
Contracted working hours are 40 per week. Evenings and weekend cover is normally needed and Bank Holiday cover may also be required.
The role can be based in our office in central Brighton but we are also comfortable for you to work from home or a bit of both. Every 6 weeks or so we do require all the team to get together in person in Brighton or maybe in some wood or the beach for a walk.
Please send CV and covering letter detailing why you think you would be suitable for this role to email@example.com
Part time applications will be considered if you are able to work weekends and bank holidays.
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.