At 15gifts, we’re obsessed with the psychology of choice. We study the key consumer psychology principles that enable consumers to make confident choices on the high street, and we replicate these within our digital guided selling technology to enable consumers to make the same confident decisions online.
We work with some of the world’s leading telecommunications and media brands throughout Europe & the U.S. with our technology powering millions of confident customer decisions across brands such as Verizon, T-Mobile, O2, Sky, Virgin Media, EE, BT, Tesco and Vodafone.
With every interaction, we learn more about our clients' customers. Gathering insights to generate increasingly accurate product recommendations, whilst building up a detailed profile on each individual consumer.
We’re a fast growing organisation with continued ambitious growth targets over the coming years and we’re extremely excited about the opportunities that lie ahead. We’re a team that’s made of driven, ambitious, and exceptional individuals and we’re looking for like-minded people to become part of our success story.
About the role
We’re looking for a new QA to join our team. The person will need a hands-on approach, working closely with our design, development, data and customer teams to help define, plan and execute test cases across multiple projects and product versions, while aiding Junior Testers. The successful candidate will be a fast learner who can apply their keen eye and want to help improve our product set and processes.
The role includes cross-browser/device testing, input during scrum meetings, specifying test cases, ownership of tickets throughout the sprint process, running test sessions, input into our automation systems, and providing great, detailed feedback.
Fundamentally we want someone who is smart and can get stuff done, it may sound clichéd but we would much prefer to hire someone who is talented and allow them to train and gain experience, than to hire someone with all the points checked off but who has the wrong attitude. If you are willing (and more importantly, wanting) to learn and get on with being a part of a growing team, and are excited about helping us to maintain and improve the quality of the excellent work we do, then we want to hear from you.
- Run and amend automated testing scripts
- Carry out manual feature testing to aim for minimal bugs in production
- Plan, execute and perform testing across both product development and BAU work streams
- Provide accurate and fully detailed bug reports
- Share knowledge with the QA team
- Create tickets when issues, or ideas for improvements arise
- Communicate well and effectively with all team members
- Provide early input on upcoming tasks from the relevant expert and end-user perspective
- Assist the development team in the estimation, identification of possible issues and test cases for upcoming work
- Help to achieve Scrum team goals within the Sprint timeframe
- Assist in setup and implementation of regression tests, identifying any issues
- Run regression testing throughout the Sprint and Release processes
- Attend and provide estimates during Project planning meetings
- Have an understanding of, and ability to participate in, entire testing life cycle
- Strong knowledge of development process in order to facilitate quick and easy info transfer with developers
Skills and experience
- 2+ years of testing experience
- Familiarity with SCRUM, Agile, ticketing systems
- Experience with frontend and backend web testing - JS/Node, Perl, APIs, SQL
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Keen to learn and adapt with the business
- Friendly, approachable and confident
- ISTQB or equivalent (bonus point)
- Knowledge of Performance testing, Stress testing, Git (bonus point)
- Proficiency in writing test scripts using TestCafe or other automation tool (bonus point)
Why choose us
Our success is underpinned by our cultural values. These values are not something we stick up on a wall – they don’t need to be. They are behaviours that we recognise and celebrate in each other. They are what we live by every day.
Our Cultural Values
- Celebrate brilliance
- Take ownership
- Share Insights
- Look for a better way
- Support each other
Our values are driven through Culture Club – a staff team that rotates every quarter. Advocates for our culture as we grow, Culture Club activates ideas, makes improvements and helps everyone to connect.
Our office and remote working
We can confidently say that our sea-view office is one of Brighton’s best, and we’re really excited that we’ve been able to open up the office to our entire team again. It’s been great to reconnect with everyone in person and to meet the newer members of our team for the first time!
Whilst we see huge benefits to being able to collaborate and socialise together again, we’ve also learnt a lot about the benefits of working from home. Therefore, we plan to offer our team the flexibility to be in the office when they want to be, and when they need to attend key meetings and workshops, and to work from home on the days when that suits their lives and their workloads best.
When in the office, we have flexible workspaces, which means you’re not tied to a desk, unless you want to be. You could work in a sociable spot on floor 4, or set yourself up with a screen on floor 3. This is everyone’s space and it’s available after work – our staff host everything from gaming and craft nights to adventure film screenings.
- Employee Assistance Programme (confidential counselling)
- Medicash healthcare scheme (reclaim costs for dental, physiotherapy, osteopathy and optical care)
- easitBrighton travel scheme (discounted public transport options)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Insurance scheme
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
Other extras in the office
- On site changing rooms, showers and internal bike storage
- Breakfast, fresh fruit, snacks, beers
- Yoga and other fitness activities
- Regular social events, including Friday drinks and book club
- Visits from friendly office dogs
For more information on what it's like to work at 15gifts, check out our Talent Talk with Wired Sussex