Junior Game Developer
- Brighton - Hybrid Working
- £20,000 - £24,000 depending on experience
- Front-End Development, Production, Games
- Full-Time, Part-Time, Flexible
- Contract Type
We’re looking for a talented Junior HTML5 Game Developer to work with our team on a variety of exciting cross-platform projects and see them from concept to delivery and beyond.
Jollywise are a creative digital studio, who play in the children’s and family space. We create Games, Apps, Websites and experiences. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone who loves the creative application of technology to make fun stuff, new stuff, cool stuff. We’re looking for someone who is pro-active, has a high attention for detail and strong communication skills.
As a junior developer you will be working within the development team assisting with the development of games, applications and maintaining existing frameworks.
As well as development, you will be managing assets and working with designers to ensure that assets are prepared as needed for their intended purpose.
The role will also include testing, bug finding and fixing, working with QA teams to diagnose, localise and help fix issues.
- Assisting with the development of games and applications
- Writing, maintaining code and fixing bugs within current frameworks
- Developing new classes and components to solve common development requirements
- Testing products and working with QA teams to find and fix bugs
- Working with designers to solve technical hurdles and prepare assets
Key requirements for the role:
- Ability to write clean and commented code
- Passion for developing and playing games
Nice to Have
- Knowledge or Experience using node js and npm.
- Knowledge or Experience with source control (ideally github ).
- Knowledge or experience with game engines (ideally PhaserJS ).
- Experience using issue tracking software such as Jira, Basecamp, Trello, etc.
- Experience using Adobe CC, particularly photoshop and illustrator.
- Experience in general digital media asset production.
Salary Range – £20- 24k
Work Type - We are open to considering, flexible or part-time working.
- 21 days holiday, plus 1 extra for every year + bank holiday and shutdown days over Xmas
- Drinks every Friday
- Acupressure massage once a month
- Fresh fruit, tea, coffee etc.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Company cash back health scheme
- Annual Jolly Holiday (team building.)
We are a digital creative studio who specialise in designing, building and creating digital products and experiences for entertainment brands and their audiences.
Since opening our doors in 2006, we have made it our mission to keep fun at the heart of everything we do. Our shared company values have cultivated a knowledgeable, honest and forward-thinking team of creatives and technicians that have made us a trusted name in our field for 15 years.
We can boast a world class client list of entertainment brands and we’ve worked on some of the most prestigious entertainment properties in the world.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE