Junior QA Tester
- Brighton - Hybrid Working
- £19,000 - £22,000 depending on experience
- Testing / QA, Games
- Full-Time, Part-Time, Flexible
- Contract Type
We’re looking for a talented Junior QA Tester to work with our team on a variety of exciting cross-platform projects and see them from concept to delivery and beyond.
Jollywise are a creative digital studio, who play in the children’s and family space. We create Games, Apps, Websites and experiences. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone who loves the creative application of technology to make fun stuff, new stuff, cool stuff. We’re looking for someone who is pro-active, has a high attention for detail and strong communication skills.
As Junior QA Tester you will be working with development teams and project managers to ensure the criteria for testing are fulfilled, working within testing environments, accessing products, and checking for quality and accuracy.
As Junior Software Tester you will be familiar with testing software products. Are proactive and self-motivated with a thirst to learn. Have a friendly communication style with the ability to communicate with all levels of the business. Can multi-task and prioritise, exhibiting patience and attention to detail when dealing with complex problems. Have a keen interest in recent IT changes and awareness of how it affects business trends.
Aside from specific responsibilities listed below, you may be required to undertake other tasks which help us to deliver a high standard digital experience to our customers.
- Analyse new and changed functionality to create detailed and comprehensive test plans
- Proactively liaise with subject matter experts within the team to derive precise and detailed testing expected outcomes
- Execute manual testing and record test results accurately within specified project timeframes
- Document and record defects or problems, tracking status of defects, and verifying resolution during the testing lifecycle
- Escalate issues to the Project Team
- Contribute to test process improvements and develop and maintain documentation relating to QA processes
Key requirements for the role:
- Positive and self-motivated
- High attention to detail and recognition of faulty / unbalanced mechanics
- Strong communication skills
- Open-minded and keen to learn
- Passionate about games, with an understanding of game-play mechanics
Nice to have:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Experience using issue tracking software such as Jira, Basecamp, Trello, etc.
- An IT qualification ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level
- Experience in Basic Programming
- Understanding of the game development pipeline, including when to prioritise features before releases
- Knowledge of Apple App Store, Google Play Store developer areas
Salary Range: £19- 22k
Work Type: We are open to considering, flexible or part-time working.
- 21 days holiday, plus 1 extra for every year + bank holiday and shutdown days over Xmas
- Drinks every Friday
- Acupressure massage once a month
- Fresh fruit, tea, coffee etc.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Company cash back health scheme
- Annual Jolly Holiday (team building.)
We are a digital creative studio who specialise in designing, building and creating digital products and experiences for entertainment brands and their audiences.
Since opening our doors in 2006, we have made it our mission to keep fun at the heart of everything we do. Our shared company values have cultivated a knowledgeable, honest and forward-thinking team of creatives and technicians that have made us a trusted name in our field for 15 years.
We can boast a world class client list of entertainment brands and we’ve worked on some of the most prestigious entertainment properties in the world.