An exciting opportunity for a talented DevOps Engineer to take ownership of our systems ecosystem.
This is an exciting opportunity to take ownership of the ecosystem that enables our talented teams to create and deliver great learning experiences.
As a talented DevOps Engineer, you’ll keep our platforms and tools in tip-top condition through regular maintenance and help improve our offering by assisting with new feature development.
This is a hands-on role where you’ll be working across multiple areas including our: AWS environment, learning management system, e-learning authoring tool, websites and more.
We understand that everyone is at different stages of their career journey. Don’t worry if you can’t tick every box - we are a welcoming team and will provide training to make sure you have all the skills and knowledge you need to thrive in your role.
This is a permanent role with options for full or part time.
You’ll be responsible for
- Maintaining our AWS environment and infrastructure
- Updating plugins and templates on our websites
- Updating plugins and implementing new features on our Adapt authoring tool theme
- Implementing processes and tools to ensure availability of our hosted products and services
- Automating and improving development and release processes
- Updating and managing Bitbucket pipelines
- Verifying and validating backups
- Providing input on performance improvements and architectural challenges
- Identifying and supporting faults
- Advising on capacity and infrastructure planning
Who are we looking for?
Essential skills and experience
- LAMP stack server management (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
- AWS cloud architecture (EC2, ECS, RDS, S3, Load balancers, Route 53, Cognito)
- Docker containers
- Secure coding best practices and version control systems (Git)
Desired skills and experience
- Front-end development (JQuery, Vue.js, HTML, CSS)
- Continuous integration / deployment tools (Jenkins, Gitlab, Bitbucket)
- Issue tracking tools (JIRA)
- Single-Sign On (SAML, LDAP, OAuth)
- DNS resolution and SSL certification
- Agile development practices
- SCORM or other online learning technologies
- RESTful APIs
- The CodeIgniter framework
- WordPress, WooCommerce and HubSpot
- Adapt authoring tool
- are dynamic, self-motivated, focused and energetic person with a 'can-do' attitude
- have excellent problem-solving skills
- are willing to work hard and keen to become part of a successful team
- have the ability to work as part of a team but also to be able to work independently, take initiative, and contribute to new ideas required in a diverse, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- have organisational and analytical skills
- have excellent written and verbal communications skills
- have good attention to detail
Working at Me Learning
We’re a tight-knit team who are full of passion and drive to create the best learning experiences we can for our customers.