- Pixelhop LTD
- Front-End Development, Back-End Development, Full Stack Development
- Mid-Level, Senior-Level
- Contract Type
We are looking for a passionate Mid to Senior Web Developer to join our remote team full-time. If you have a solid technical background, you're a great communicator, and have fantastic attention to detail, this could be the position for you!
About the role
At Pixelhop, we build and develop digital experiences across the whole digital spectrum. Whether it's a web app predicting Covid cases, a marketing experience using AR, or a mobile app interacting with a Bluetooth ECG monitor, the one constant is that we always use the cutting edge of web technologies and build everything with passion! It never gets boring.
We are looking for a Mid to Senior Web Developer who is highly self-motivated, a great communicator with high attention to detail and a genuine passion for the industry. If this sounds like you and you fancy working for a remote-first company with a tight-knit team, we would love to hear from you!
As a developer, you will complete bespoke development on many projects matching requirements as closely as possible. Depending on your unique skill set, this might include developing a pixel-perfect, accessible and performant design provided to you in Figma or designing and developing a backend API to power a new experience.
We understand that developers come in all sorts of flavours with different technical skill sets and preferences. So we are open to talking to all flavours of web developer, backend, front-end, full-stack. Wherever you lie, we would love to chat to see how you might fit into our team.
That said, below you'll find some of the most important things we are looking for (don't worry, we would never expect you to fit all of these):
- Experience working as part of a development team
- Excellent communication skills - making complex topics simple for clients is something we do regularly
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and the natural ability and desire to learn
- Willingness to take ownership over projects
- Able to work to a deadline and manage competing priorities
- A positive friendly attitude
- Comfortable using version control (GIT) as part of a team
- Experience with modern front-end frameworks (We have projects using Vue.js and React)
- Experience developing and integrating APIs
- Experience with backend development using Node.js (Extra points if you have used the NestJS framework)
- Experience with relational databases (We use PostgreSQL frequently)
What are we offering?
- Competitive salary based on experience
- A remote-first position
- Flexible working hours
- Brand new MacBook Pro
- Pension scheme
- 22 days holiday + bank holidays + Xmas break
- Optional 1-month unpaid holiday
- Regular reviews and personal development
- Learning budget - Used for training materials, courses and conferences
- Annual bonus
- Carbon offsetting we make all of our employees' carbon positive using Ecologi
We like to keep our developer recruitment process as simple as possible so that you know what to expect and we don't take up any more of your time than necessary. There are three steps:
- Please send us your CV, portfolio, and anything else you think might wow us! We'll arrange an initial zoom call to know you better if we like what we see.
- Providing the zoom call goes well (don't worry, it usually does!), we will get you to undertake a small coding challenge. However you do on the challenge, we'll provide you with constructive feedback.
- After you've smashed the code challenge, we'll invite you for one final interview to double-check everything and get to the nitty-gritty!
How to apply
We are looking for the absolute best people to join our growing team. So please make sure you attach your CV, cover letter, samples of your code, and anything else you might think will help your application. Please use the linked form below.
🚨 Absolutely no recruitment agencies!