Who We Are
Simpplr provides employee experience software that helps companies connect and align employees. With what Simpplr calls Live EX, the platform helps companies communicate better in a distributed world and measures an organization’s heartbeat by understanding employee alignment and sentiment in real time. Ultimately, Simpplr aims to enable more positive work environments by helping organizations be more open and caring.
Trusted by leading brands, including DocuSign, Eurostar, and AAA, our customers are achieving measurable productivity gains, increased employee engagement and retention, and accelerated business performance.
Simpplr is headquartered in Redwood Shores, CA, with offices in the UK, Canada, and India, and is backed by Norwest Venture Partners, Salesforce Ventures, and Tola Capital. Simpplr is widely acknowledged as one of the fastest-growing, most innovative, and most liked solutions in our market. We boast numerous top-tier accolades and encourage you to check us out on various review sites.
We’re looking for senior software engineers to join our team in the UK to help build the future of employee experience; the products we build have a direct impact on our user's happiness, success and satisfaction at work. Successful candidates will be working closely in a cross-functional team with other senior engineers, product managers and our UI/UX designers. They will be responsible for owning development projects from start to completion; this includes helping plan features, build services and deploy infrastructure.
The products we're building are all brand new so we have a modern tech stack implementing lots of best practices. Our apps are React SPAs with a multitude of backend services in Node.JS all deployed through GitOps. We're fans of infrastructure-as-code, automating toil and spending time refactoring if we need to.
What you'll do:
- Work in a talented cross-functional team to develop new user-facing features using TypeScript on both the frontend (and backend if you want to). If you've never used TypeScript before, we'll train you up.
- Contribute to our shared UI library used by many engineering teams across the whole company.
- Write automated unit tests and end-to-end tests for your code and services. Quality is incredibly important to us and everybody is responsible for it.
- Participate in agile ceremonies; regularly and sustainably delivering value in two-week sprints.
- Help influence the overall architecture and direction of the codebase as well as the wider product.
What we're looking for:
We're after strong generalists and T-shaped people but if you also have backend experience and are keen to learn more about the other side, we want to speak to you too.
- You are user focused – we solve our customer’s problems together; everybody has a say in planning, design & execution.
- 5-8+ years of overall experience.
- 2+ years of experience with React, you should have a solid understanding of how and why it uses a virtual DOM.
- Experience using modern modular CSS strategies e.g styled components, emotion, etc (we use CSS Modules) and why globally scoped styles are bad.
- You love identifying new technologies, patterns, and techniques and planning out how we can apply them to improve productivity, code quality and user experience
- Affinity for profiling and analysing code to identify areas for improvement. You should have a high level understanding of how both React and browser internals work ensure our frontend stays performant and doesn't leak memory.
- Good understanding of CI/CD, unit testing, and automated end-to-end testing using a framework like Cypress.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of functional programming patterns.
- Excited by working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Able to occasionally travel to our other offices in Toronto, New Delhi and San Francisco
We’d especially love to hear from you if:
- You have proven excellence in writing readable and efficient TypeScript code.
- You have a good track record of project leadership and mentorship of software engineers.
- You have experience working with micro-frontends in production.
We're looking for exceptional candidates anywhere in the UK, ideally south based so you can travel to our Brighton office occasionally. We mostly work remotely and have an allowance to help teams get together in person at least once a quarter for meetings, planning sessions and social activities.
Simpplr provides a competitive compensation package along with other benefits. We believe in work-life integration and offer a flexible work environment. These benefits, coupled with an amazing team who believes in our mission, and values transparency, autonomy, and inclusiveness, make Simpplr an incredible place to work.
UK Specific Benefits:
- NEST pension scheme
- Stock option & grant plan
- 25 days holiday (plus UK bank holidays and 4 additional company-wide recharge days)
- Working from home equipment allowance
- Mobile phone contract contribution
- Performance-related bonus
- Employee training budget
- Employee referral program