Senior Software Engineer (Backend/FullStack)
Who We Are
Simpplr provides employee experience software that helps companies connect and align employees. With what Simpplr calls Live EX, the platform helps companies communicate better in a distributed world and measures an organization’s heartbeat by understanding employee alignment and sentiment in real time. Ultimately, Simpplr aims to enable more positive work environments by helping organizations be more open and caring.
Trusted by leading brands, including DocuSign, Eurostar, and AAA, our customers are achieving measurable productivity gains, increased employee engagement and retention, and accelerated business performance.
Simpplr is headquartered in Redwood Shores, CA, with offices in the UK, Canada, and India, and is backed by Norwest Venture Partners, Salesforce Ventures, and Tola Capital. Simpplr is widely acknowledged as one of the fastest-growing, most innovative, and most liked solutions in our market. We boast numerous top-tier accolades and encourage you to check us out on various review sites.
We’re looking for experienced software engineers to join our team in the UK to help build the future of work. Successful candidates will be working closely in a cross-functional team with other engineers, product managers and our UI/UX designers. They will be responsible for owning development projects from start to completion; this includes helping plan features, build services and deploy infrastructure.
Your Job Responsibilities
What you will be doing:
- Work in a talented cross-functional team to develop new user-facing features using TypeScript on both the frontend and backend. If you've never used TypeScript before, we'll train you up.
- Build and maintain applications running on AWS.
- Write automated unit tests and end-to-end tests for your code and services. Quality is incredibly important to us and everybody is responsible for it.
- Participate in agile ceremonies; regularly and sustainably delivering value in two-week sprints.
- Work with our existing AWS platform team to deploy infrastructure using Kubernetes
- Help influence the overall architecture and direction of the application.
Your Skill Set
We're after strong generalists but if you have either more backend or frontend experience and are keen to learn more about the other side, we want to speak to you.
What makes you a great fit for our team:
- You are user focused – we solve our customer’s problems together; everybody has a say in planning, design & execution.
- You’re familiar with both relational databases and NoSQL solutions and you know when to use each.
- 5+ years of overall experience with at least 2+ years of experience deploying and maintaining applications on AWS.
- You love identifying new technologies, patterns, and techniques and planning out how we can apply them to improve productivity, code quality and user experience.
- Affinity for profiling and analysing code to identify areas for improvement.
- You understand modern frontend concepts such as component libraries, modular CSS and bundlers.
- Good understanding of CI/CD, unit testing, and automated end-to-end testing using a framework like Cypress.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of functional programming patterns.
- Excited by working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Able to occasionally travel to our other offices in Toronto, New Delhi and San Francisco.
We’d especially love to hear from you if:
- You have proven excellence in writing readable and efficient TypeScript code.
- You have a good track record of project leadership and mentorship of software engineers
- You have experience working with micro-frontends
We're looking for exceptional candidates anywhere in the UK, ideally south based so you can travel to our Brighton office occasionally. We mostly work remotely and have an allowance to help teams get together in person at least once a quarter for meetings, planning sessions and social activities.
Simpplr provides a competitive compensation package along with other benefits. We believe in work-life integration and offer a flexible work environment. These benefits, coupled with an amazing team who believes in our mission, and values transparency, autonomy, and inclusiveness, make Simpplr an incredible place to work.
UK Specific Benefits:
- NEST pension scheme
- Stock option & grant plan
- 25 days holiday (plus UK bank holidays and 4 additional company-wide recharge days)
- Working from home equipment allowance
- Mobile phone contract contribution
- Performance-related bonus
- Employee training budget
- Employee referral program