At 15gifts, we’re obsessed with the psychology of choice. We study the key consumer psychology principles that enable consumers to make confident choices on the high street, and we replicate these within our digital guided selling technology to enable consumers to make the same confident decisions online.
We work with some of the world’s leading telecommunications and media brands throughout Europe & the U.S. with our technology powering millions of confident customer decisions across brands such as Verizon, T-Mobile, O2, Sky, Virgin Media, EE, BT, Tesco and Vodafone.
With every interaction, we learn more about our clients' customers. Gathering insights to generate increasingly accurate product recommendations, whilst building up a detailed profile on each individual consumer.
We’re a fast growing organisation with continued ambitious growth targets over the coming years and we’re extremely excited about the opportunities that lie ahead. We’re a team that’s made of driven, ambitious, and exceptional individuals and we’re looking for like-minded people to become part of our success story.
About the role
We are now looking for an outstanding Scrum Master with 5+ years experience of working with the Agile approach to delivery. The role will report to our Head of Development but will be working cross functionally. The individual will work closely with our Product, Customer, Tech and Operations teams to create an environment that is centered around transparency, inspection and adaptation.
A key focus of the role will be to support the delivery and feature teams, ensuring that they are operating optimally, and are connected from idea to implementation to create the most valuable product for our customers. The role will be pivotal in how we measure and understand value, workflow and quality. You will raise awareness and educate the team and stakeholders in the importance of these metrics.
The individual will be the Scrum Master to the team/s and always look for ways to continuously improve how we use Agile. This role will act with a continuous improvement lens across the delivery and feature teams and within delivery, enabling the business to have a more predictable delivery model and optimise the overall run cost of technology and value to customer.
You will work with the product owner to interpret the team’s data and to illustrate the impact of key decisions to stakeholders and proposition owners.
Set up, monitor, and ensure the team is using key dashboards in Jira to monitor bottlenecks and flow issues in sprint. Also bring insights to retros to push the team and product owner to make data-driven decisions to better plan when velocity suggests they are capable of doing so, and inform continuous improvement opportunities.
The person we’re looking for
- 5+ years of experience
- Proven experience working in a SaaS product environment
- An expert in the use and implementation of Agile practices
- Ideally has experience of various implementations of Agile practices including Kanban, Scrum, Feature-Driven Development, Extreme Programming, Test-Driven Development etc
- Has worked as a Scrum Master across multiple, interdependent, development teams
- Fully understands all Scrum principles, practices, and theory
- Loves problem solving, seeking out issues and delivering
- Scrum Master/Agile certification preferred
- Desire to be part of a fast growing business with a high pace of change
You’ll be responsible for
- Be the custodian to the use of Agile in 15gifts and coach to Agile practices
- Set the best Agile practice (Scrum, Kanban, etc) depending on the teams goals across product development, customer onboarding and customer success plan delivery
- Guide the business on how to use these Agile practices
- Coach team members and others on Agile practices
- Support the creation of iterative plans and frequent deployments
- Facilitate internal & external communication by supporting Agile teams in providing transparency
- Facilitate Agile ceremonies, estimation & continuous improvement
- Create status reports and burnup charts (when needed)
- Help teams to apply the most appropriate Agile and Lean tools and techniques for their environment and to create efficiencies
- Help the team to maintain and set up Agile events such as, retrospectives, sprint reviews and sprint planning sessions
- Make efficient use of sprint resources by ensuring user stories are ‘ready’ before entering a sprint
- Work closely with and communicate to the roles which input and consume from the Agile process such as Customer Success Managers and Project Managers
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised, with an emphasis on problem-solving and continuous improvement
- Facilitating getting the work done, discussions, decision making, and conflict resolution
Why choose us
Our success is underpinned by our cultural values. These values are not something we stick up on a wall – they don’t need to be. They are behaviours that we recognise and celebrate in each other. They are what we live by every day.
Our Cultural Values
- Celebrate brilliance
- Take ownership
- Share Insights
- Look for a better way
- Support each other
Our values are driven through Culture Club – a staff team that rotates every quarter. Advocates for our culture as we grow, Culture Club activates ideas, makes improvements and helps everyone to connect.
Our office and remote working
We can confidently say that our sea-view office is one of Brighton’s best, and we’re really excited that we’ve been able to open up the office to our entire team again. It’s been great to reconnect with everyone in person and to meet the newer members of our team for the first time!
Whilst we see huge benefits to being able to collaborate and socialise together again, we’ve also learnt a lot about the benefits of working from home. Therefore, we plan to offer our team the flexibility to be in the office when they want to be, and when they need to attend key meetings and workshops, and to work from home on the days when that suits their lives and their workloads best.
When in the office, we have flexible workspaces, which means you’re not tied to a desk, unless you want to be. You could work in a sociable spot on floor 4, or set yourself up with a screen on floor 3. This is everyone’s space and it’s available after work – our staff host everything from gaming and craft nights to adventure film screenings.
- Employee Assistance Programme (confidential counselling)
- Medicash healthcare scheme (reclaim costs for dental, physiotherapy, osteopathy and optical care)
- easitBrighton travel scheme (discounted public transport options)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Insurance scheme
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
Other extras in the office
- On site changing rooms, showers and internal bike storage
- Breakfast, fresh fruit, snacks, beers
- Yoga and other fitness activities
- Regular social events, including Friday drinks and book club
- Visits from friendly office dogs
For more information on what it's like to work at 15gifts, check out our Talent Talk with Wired Sussex