Mid Level Animator / Motion Designer
- The Box
- Salary 24 - 35k - depending on experience
- Animation, Design / Creative, Video / Content Production
- Contract Type
We are looking for an experienced animator to join our growing in-house team based in Brighton.
The ideal candidate will have a natural eye for design, with a portfolio that showcases a wide variety of styles alongside a strong motion design showreel. We place real emphasis on strong character animation and creative direction/styling.
You will be working closely with the Creative Director and other members of the creative team to craft highly engaging content for our varied clients across a broad range of styles, from project inception right through to final delivery. Our ideal candidate isn't phased under pressure, is able to meet tight deadlines and has strong communication skills. We want someone with a genuine desire to help our company grow, so you can grow with us.
At The Box, we've built a creative culture which is fast-paced, positive and adaptable to change. We all work together because we love animation and we thrive on the positive upbeat, attitudes of the people around us.
Flexible working arrangement offered
Office based massages
• Creating animated content from the ground up, being involved in every stage of animation production
• Ability to generate eye catching style frames and pitch work
• Creative brainstorming & moodboarding
• Storyboarding and scamping
• Asset creation
• Sound editing and SFX
• Liaising with colleagues, freelancers and clients
• Superb attention to detail
• Constantly pushing the creative standards for The Box and all works produced.
• Working on and switching between several projects and managing your own time effectively
• Be able to consistently deliver work under pressure and against tight deadlines
Essential Skills + Requirements:
• At least 3 years previous industry experience with a strong motion design showreel
• Ability to breathe real life and charm into your character animation
• Strong Adobe Creative Suite skills (crucially After Effects, Premiere, Illustrator and Photoshop, also editing programs such as Audition)
• Experience working directly with enterprise brands or household names in either B2C or B2B contexts
• Able to work on and switch between several projects and manage their own time effectively
• Ability to generate assets from scratch, experience in illustration is a real bonus
• A proven track record of delivering graphic design and motion design projects to a high level
• Creative thinker and problem solver
• C4D or other relevant 3D software experience is a real bonus
• Curiosity, infectious enthusiasm and a love for the moving image
If this sounds like you then send your CV and portfolio / showreel to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch!