Development Team Leader (Integration)
At 15gifts, we’re obsessed with the psychology of choice. We study the key consumer psychology principles that enable consumers to make confident choices on the high street, and we replicate these within our digital guided selling technology to enable consumers to make the same confident decisions online.
We work with some of the world’s leading telecommunications and media brands throughout Europe & the U.S. with our technology powering millions of confident customer decisions across brands such as Verizon, T-Mobile, O2, Sky, Virgin Media, EE, BT, Tesco and Vodafone.
With every interaction, we learn more about our clients' customers. Gathering insights to generate increasingly accurate product recommendations, whilst building up a detailed profile on each individual consumer.
We’re a fast growing organisation with continued ambitious growth targets over the coming years and we’re extremely excited about the opportunities that lie ahead. We’re a team that’s made of driven, ambitious, and exceptional individuals and we’re looking for like-minded people to become part of our success story.
About the role
The person we’re looking for
We are looking for a full stack Development Team Leader to join our team as we prepare to grow over the next 2 years. At 15gifts a Development Team Leader manages the developers in a team of 4-6 ensuring the team is properly resourced, well trained and engaged.
This position is the first of an exciting new team being created at 15gifts. An integrations team will consist of a Development Team Leader, Developers and Data Engineers. The team will be accountable for building new data integrations for our customers. We anticipate the split between development work and management tasks to be 80/20.
This position is ideal for a Senior Developer wanting to progress their career into Management or an existing Development Team Lead / Engineering Manager.
You’ll be responsible for
Leading a sprint team:
- Line management of team members, including appraisals, one to ones and salary reviews.
- Recruitment, identifying the needs of the team and assisting with hires to support business demands.
- Provide training and mentoring to the sprint team as needed.
- Work closely with our customers to design new efficient ways of integrating with our product.
- Take ownership of the technical aspects of a project: providing technical guidance and making technical decisions.
- Manage quality assurance by adhering to code standards, design principles and source code analysis tools through to the use of continuous integration, unit testing, deployment automation and code coverage tools.
- Design, develop, and test your own code.
You'll be accountable for
- Provide technical direction and guidance both internal and external to the team.
- Manage and support developers whilst monitoring their quality and throughput.
- Provides estimates and deliver software using SDLC.
- Advise on the allocation of tickets to developers, based on their experience, skillset, and/or personal development.
- Ensures adherence to code quality and security standards of all Devs in team
- Provide support to Developers with their training and career progression.
Skills and experience
- 5+ years software development experience.
- Experience with Node.js.
- Good Agile development understanding and experience.
- Knowledge of SOLID principles and the SDLC would be a plus.
- Worked with Adobe Audience Manager (bonus point).
- Experience reverse engineering websites to find useful data (bonus point).
- Experience with scraping websites (proxying, throttling, authentication) (bonus point).
- Experience with data transformation (bonus point).
Why choose us
Our success is underpinned by our cultural values. These values are not something we stick up on a wall – they don’t need to be. They are behaviours that we recognise and celebrate in each other. They are what we live by every day.
Our Cultural Values
- Celebrate brilliance
- Take ownership
- Share Insights
- Look for a better way
- Support each other
Our values are driven through Culture Club – a staff team that rotates every quarter. Advocates for our culture as we grow, Culture Club activates ideas, makes improvements and helps everyone to connect.
Our office and remote working
We can confidently say that our sea-view office is one of Brighton’s best, and we’re really excited that we’ve been able to open up the office to our entire team again. It’s been great to reconnect with everyone in person and to meet the newer members of our team for the first time!
Whilst we see huge benefits to being able to collaborate and socialise together again, we’ve also learnt a lot about the benefits of working from home. Therefore, we plan to offer our team the flexibility to be in the office when they want to be, and when they need to attend key meetings and workshops, and to work from home on the days when that suits their lives and their workloads best.
When in the office, we have flexible workspaces, which means you’re not tied to a desk, unless you want to be. You could work in a sociable spot on floor 4, or set yourself up with a screen on floor 3. This is everyone’s space and it’s available after work – our staff host everything from gaming and craft nights to adventure film screenings.
- Employee Assistance Programme (confidential counselling)
- Medicash healthcare scheme (reclaim costs for dental, physiotherapy, osteopathy and optical care)
- easitBrighton travel scheme (discounted public transport options)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Insurance scheme
- 33 days holiday(including bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time hours)
Other extras in the office
- On site changing rooms, showers and internal bike storage
- Breakfast, fresh fruit, snacks, beers
- Yoga and other fitness activities
- Regular social events, including Friday drinks and book club
- Visits from friendly office dogs
For more information on what it's like to work at 15gifts, check out our Talent Talk with Wired Sussex