Man Bites Dog is a multi-award winning Communications and PR B2B consultancy working with some of the world’s most forward thinking companies, including global leaders and challengers in the tech, professional services and financial services sectors. From sustainability to the future of work, our campaigns focus on some of today’s biggest issues and apply fresh thinking to fascinating subjects.
We deliver interesting and inspiring work to be proud of and have built a collegiate culture based on hard work and good fun. It’s one of the reasons we win so many awards, and why our team choose to stay and grow with us.
As a Junior Copywriter at Man Bites Dog, your responsibilities will include:
- Client copywriting (with senior support where needed) – media pitches, press releases, reports, blogs, etc.
- Proof-read and peer-review content and copy produced by the team.
- Delivering quality background research to support global projects.
- Account administrative tasks, including capture of meeting notes, team calendar management, meeting agendas and organisation.
- Provide copywriting and other content marketing support for Man Bites Dog’s own marketing, PR and website development.
- Helping to develop big ideas by contributing to idea-generating brainstorms.
- Supporting the team in the creation of new business materials
- Pitching in and supporting the team with ad hoc work as required.
The key qualities we’re looking for in our new recruits:
- Experience of working in PR, Marketing, or similar role.
- An understanding of B2B PR and Marketing.
- Experience of copywriting.
- A desire to learn more about copywriting, marketing and public relations.
- A keen interest in the business media and current affairs.
- An outstanding communicator – written and verbal.
- A curious mind interested in business, the global economy and major trends from climate change to the future of work.
- A passion for creating ideas with a desire to learn how to craft a compelling story, generate and evidence big ideas.
- A team player who loves helping their team and clients reach their full potential.
- 25 days annual leave, increasing with length of service as well as an additional day off for your birthday.
- Individual training budget to be spent on your career growth and development.
- Flexible and hybrid working options.
- A social calendar your friends will be jealous of, including an annual business planning weekend trip to Europe!
- A bright and inspiring office based in the heart of Brighton, a stone’s throw from the beach.
- A CEO and Senior Leadership team dedicated to the business and their team.
- All the usual pension, health plans etc.
Man Bites Dog encourages applications from candidates from diverse and under-represented backgrounds. Our office is fully accessible for wheelchair users.
We have a fantastic office based in central Brighton, just a stones throw from the beach, but we also recognise the benefits of agile working. We use our office for collaboration, knowledge sharing, learning and socialising, but we do not need to be in the office five days a week.