Projects Team Lead (maternity cover)
- 15gifts Ltd
- £50-£55 DOE
- Project Management
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
At 15gifts, we’re obsessed with the psychology of choice. We study the key consumer psychology principles that enable consumers to make confident choices on the high street, and we replicate these within our digital guided selling technology to enable consumers to make the same confident decisions online.
We work with some of the world’s leading telecommunications and media brands throughout Europe & the U.S. with our technology powering millions of confident customer decisions across brands such as Verizon, T-Mobile, O2, Sky, Virgin Media, EE, BT, Tesco and Vodafone.
With every interaction, we learn more about our clients' customers. Gathering insights to generate increasingly accurate product recommendations, whilst building up a detailed profile on each individual consumer.
We’re a fast growing organisation with continued ambitious growth targets over the coming years and we’re extremely excited about the opportunities that lie ahead. We’re a team that’s made of driven, ambitious, and exceptional individuals and we’re looking for like-minded people to become part of our success story.
About the role
We’re looking for a Projects Team Lead to join our Operations Team with a focus on line managing the project management team and ensuring all managed projects are delivered in accordance with the business case and agreed plan.
The focus is on customer project delivery, for new and existing customers, to deliver their KPIs or onboard them successfully. There may also be internal projects or programmes of work to deliver our strategic goals and ensure our business performance measures are met. Another key area of focus for this role is to continuously review our operations and look for improvements in processes and organisational design and redefine as required.
As specified, the role is to cover maternity leave for 1 year but there is the possibility for the position to become permanent as the team lead or in another capacity at the end of the 1-year period.
You’ll be accountable for
Leading the project management team, via our 15gifts line manager accountabilities:
Being a leader:
- Represents the vision and strategy of 15gifts and can co-create, manage and communicate change
- Role models living the 15gifts values at the highest level
- Leads on best practise and looks for ways to improve team processes and outcomes
Managing your team:
- Can prioritise and deliver against Rocks, ensuring the team are utilising processes to optimise efficiency and outcomes
- Helps the team to uncover the root cause of issues and supports them in autonomous problem solving
- Creates an inclusive environment with opportunities for people to grow and develop
Accountability for your team:
- Holds the team to their accountabilities and measures, ensuring they know what is expected of them in their role and supporting with development where needed
- Ensures the team has the right people in the right seats
- Supports the team to consistently live the 15gifts values
Project management and delivery:
- Ensures all projects have clearly defined scope and estimates that are baselined and tracked to the business case
- Ensures all projects have a clear, robust project plan that delivers to our customer's and our own commercial targets - including progress reporting
- Delivery of all projects to meet commercial targets against agreed business cases and aligned to the prioritised projects roadmap
- Manage the commercial impact of risks/issues and work with PMs to provide appropriate mitigations
The person we’re looking for
- 5+ years of experience
- Proven in working in a SaaS, or similar, product environment
- Experience with leading and mentoring a team
- Experience with scrum facilitation (desirable)
- Experience of using agile and hybrid development methodologies
- Commercially aware with a focus of delivering on time, to scope and to budget
- Has the ability to influence internally to get ideas across and gain buy-in
- Gravitas and interpersonal skills to manage internal and external relationships
- Has an eye for detail and an inquisitive mindset and is always looking for improvements in our ways of working
- Loves to work in a customer facing role with excellent communication skills
- Loves seeking out risks and issues, identifying the root cause and delivering solutions
- Happy working with technical resources and senior management alike
- Hands-on individual who likes to work with autonomy
Why choose us
Our success is underpinned by our cultural values. These values are not something we stick up on a wall – they don’t need to be. They are behaviours that we recognise and celebrate in each other. They are what we live by every day.
Our Cultural Values
- Celebrate brilliance
- Take ownership
- Share Insights
- Look for a better way
- Support each other
Our values are driven through Culture Club – a staff team that rotates every quarter. Advocates for our culture as we grow, Culture Club activates ideas, makes improvements and helps everyone to connect.
Our office and remote working
We can confidently say that our sea-view office is one of Brighton’s best, and we’re really excited that we’ve been able to open up the office to our entire team again. It’s been great to reconnect with everyone in person and to meet the newer members of our team for the first time!
Whilst we see huge benefits to being able to collaborate and socialise together again, we’ve also learnt a lot about the benefits of working from home. Therefore, we plan to offer our team the flexibility to be in the office when they want to be, and when they need to attend key meetings and workshops, and to work from home on the days when that suits their lives and their workloads best.
When in the office, we have flexible workspaces, which means you’re not tied to a desk, unless you want to be. You could work in a sociable spot on floor 4, or set yourself up with a screen on floor 3. This is everyone’s space and it’s available after work – our staff host everything from gaming and craft nights to adventure film screenings.
- Employee Assistance Programme (confidential counselling)
- Medicash healthcare scheme (reclaim costs for dental, physiotherapy, osteopathy and optical care)
- easitBrighton travel scheme (discounted public transport options)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Insurance scheme
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
Other extras in the office
- On site changing rooms, showers and internal bike storage
- Breakfast, fresh fruit, snacks, beers
- Yoga and other fitness activities
- Regular social events, including Friday drinks and book club
- Visits from friendly office dogs
For more information on what it's like to work at 15gifts, check out our Talent Talk with Wired Sussex
Similar searches: Brighton and Hove, Project Management