At 15gifts, we’re obsessed with the psychology of choice. We study the key consumer psychology principles that enable consumers to make confident choices on the high street, and we replicate these within our digital guided selling technology to enable consumers to make the same confident decisions online.
We work with some of the world’s leading telecommunications and media brands throughout Europe & the U.S. with our technology powering millions of confident customer decisions across brands such as Verizon, T-Mobile, O2, Sky, Virgin Media, EE, BT, Tesco and Vodafone.
With every interaction, we learn more about our clients' customers. Gathering insights to generate increasingly accurate product recommendations, whilst building up a detailed profile on each individual consumer.
We’re a fast growing organisation with continued ambitious growth targets over the coming years and we’re extremely excited about the opportunities that lie ahead. We’re a team that’s made of driven, ambitious, and exceptional individuals and we’re looking for like-minded people to become part of our success story.
About the role
The IT Support Engineer is a confident, approachable person who’s technically competent and eager to solve problems. Their primary focus is supporting our employees and upholding the security, efficacy and uptime of our IT systems, including the policies, processes and services on which they rely. The role has varied responsibilities including day-to-day technical support, management of all on-premise and cloud-based assets, (i.e. software platforms, workstations, servers, networks and meeting tech) and owning and progressing technical projects to improve the overall Technical Operations function at 15gifts.
The role is a non-remote role. We're looking for someone to have a regular presence in the office due to the nature of their responsibilities.
The person we’re looking for
- Passionate about technology
- Enjoys troubleshooting and solving problems
- Outgoing, friendly and approachable
- Organised and works efficiently
- Proactive and self-motivated
You’ll be responsible for
- Supporting our workforce both face-to-face and remotely
- Maintaining the IT systems on which our business relies
- Improving the security & efficacy of our IT systems
- Office infrastructure, including workstations, networks and meeting rooms
- Managing and improving the starter, mover, leaver process
- Writing documentation and upholding standards
- Finding ways to be more efficient through automation
- Owning projects and completing them to a high standard
- Researching & introducing new technologies to the business
Skills and experience
- A technical background working in a service desk environment
- Adept problem solver in both face-to-face and remote environments
- Competent supporting Apple Macs and working with MDM solutions
- Comfortable working with networks, hardware and meeting room equipment
- Planning, communicating and executing technical changes
- Managing and securing multiple cloud-based products and services
- Familiar with access control, SSO and credential management concepts
- Entry-level coding experience and a desire to automate
- Experience with asset management and maintenance
- Experience with vendor management and procurement
- Excellent written and communication skills
Why choose us
Our success is underpinned by our cultural values. These values are not something we stick up on a wall – they don’t need to be. They are behaviours that we recognise and celebrate in each other. They are what we live by every day.
Our Cultural Values
- Celebrate brilliance
- Take ownership
- Share Insights
- Look for a better way
- Support each other
Our values are driven through Culture Club – a staff team that rotates every quarter. Advocates for our culture as we grow, Culture Club activates ideas, makes improvements and helps everyone to connect.
Our office working
We can confidently say that our sea-view office is one of Brighton’s best, and we’re really excited that we’ve been able to open up the office to our entire team again. It’s been great to reconnect with everyone in person and to meet the newer members of our team for the first time!
When in the office, we have flexible workspaces, which means you’re not tied to a desk, unless you want to be. You could work in a sociable spot on floor 4, or set yourself up with a screen on floor 3. This is everyone’s space and it’s available after work – our staff host everything from gaming and craft nights to adventure film screenings.
- Employee Assistance Programme (confidential counselling)
- Medicash healthcare scheme (reclaim costs for dental, physiotherapy, osteopathy and optical care)
- easitBrighton travel scheme (discounted public transport options)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Insurance scheme
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
Other extras in the office
- On site changing rooms, showers and internal bike storage
- Breakfast, fresh fruit, snacks, beers
- Yoga and other fitness activities
- Regular social events, including Friday drinks and book club
- Visits from friendly office dogs
For more information on what it's like to work at 15gifts, check out our Talent Talk with Wired Sussex