Junior Graphic Designer
KCA London works worldwide to deliver extraordinary learning experiences. We specialise in the museum and heritage field, with services ranging from master planning and training to creating visitor programmes and resources. Communication is core to our services, and we place a high value on design. We want every item of our output to carry and reflect the quality of our services.
We are looking for a Junior Graphic Designer to work closely with us across a range of heritage and cultural projects. Ideally you should have at least one year’s work experience in a similar field. We welcome applications on a full-time, part-time or freelance basis.
The successful candidate will work mainly with the Senior Designer, but will also work collaboratively with our tightly knit and supportive team. We work remotely, but there are frequent online and occasional in-person meet ups in London and Hove. This role is likely to involve weekly face to face meetings at a work space in Hove. The role will involve working on a range of different projects, including, but not limited to: visual research, conceptual thinking, design, artworking, preparing files for production and following brand guidelines as required.
The candidate will be required to have a valid UK work permit.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe Suite (InDesign/Photoshop/Illustrator)
- At least one year’s work experience
- Knowledge of Google Drive Apps, Microsoft Powerpoint and Wordpress
- An interest in/work experience in museums and visitor destinations (any aspect)
- An interest and ability in illustration would be an advantage
- Experience of creating and pre-flight checking files for print
- Experience of production process
- Experience of creating digital communication assets for screen based content.
- A knowledge of creative projects for young audiences and families
- A genuine passion for design and the arts
- A supportive and nurturing organisational culture
- Working directly with artists, designers and learning specialists in the cultural sector
- Research trips and exhibition events
- Possibility of flexible working hours
- 25 days paid holiday
- Company pension scheme
Please send a portfolio and CV to: email@example.com. Include details of your availability and why this post is of interest to you.