- Hybrid / Shoreham / Brighton & Hove
- Front-End Development, Back-End Development, Full Stack Development
- Mid-Level, Senior-Level
- Full-Time, Flexible
- Contract Type
Are you amazing at websites?
Web developer needed at Sussex-based web accessibility and development agency. Full or part time considered for the right applicant. We are currently working flexibly with office space in Brighton and Shoreham and will provide a hybrid working approach to suit you.
We don't want to say Full Stack, but the more stack you're interested in, the better.
If you are a natural problem-solver and a friendly developer with a good understanding of modern web development, we’d love you to apply for a job at Huxley!
We are a small, tight-knit team, and provide our staff with the autonomy and space they need to create quality work for a diverse array of clients, as well as the support required to allow their knowledge and confidence to grow.
Recent work has included making websites and running user testing for food and drink brands, hollywood studios, numerous local authorities, charities, arts organisations and more!
Huxley specialise in building fully accessible websites and providing high quality accessibility UX insight.
We are committed to a triple bottom-line that focuses as much on our benefit to the planet and our community as to our profit. As a result, you will be involved in helping us to continue to meet our sustainability goals as part of our commitment as a B-corp, and also to community and pro-bono projects.
We strive to make a positive difference to the Internet – which needs to become a more inclusive, ethical environment that we can all trust. If this resonates with you, and you are excited by a career with Huxley – please get in touch.
- Work in partnership with our other designers and developers in the development of bespoke themes and websites from scratch
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Creating website layout/user interfaces by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Provide development support as part of ongoing service agreements - new functionality, bug-fixing / performance optimisation.
- Provide internal input on project scoping, development and QA processes
- Contribute to technical and business strategy
- Contribute to environmental, social and governance goals as part of our commitment to sustainability
- Excellent problem-solving
- Proven working experience in web programming
- Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
- Strong PHP development
- Experience with frameworks such as Laravel
- Experience with modern build-stack tools (NPM, yarn, grunt, gulp, webpack)
- Commercial API Development experience
- Confident team communicator
- Wordpress theme development experience.
- An interest in accessibility and the promotion of a more inclusive web
- A passion for the web with an interest in current trends, techniques, best practices and web-standards
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
- Familiarity with website accessibility guidelines and best practices (e.g. WCAG 2.1)
- Experience in website performance optimisation
- Experience of server management and configuration
- An interest in the Open Source community
We offer a continuously evolving benefits package informed by our team and by our social and environmental goals.
- A friendly and sociable working environment in a nice, open plan studio by the sea.
- A Hybrid approach with the option to work in other Brighton co-working spaces
- An employer committed to sustainability.
- A workstation to suit you and other equipment if required.
- Commitment to paid volunteer hours
- Nature days / mental health days
- Annual personal training budget
- 30 days holiday
- Birthday off
- Team social events
- Development conferences and opportunities to grow and learn as a developer.
Feel free to contact us for an informal chat and please download and complete our application form and send to email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or disability status. We are a 'disability-confident' employer.
- Disability accommodations
- Inclusive of minority and disadvantaged groups
- LGBTQ+ friendly workplace
- Fully or partially paid childcare