50 Best - Multimedia Producer (Video & Content)
- William Reed Ltd
- Hybrid - Crawley Office/Remote
- Contract Type
Who we are
We are William Reed.
We are the leading expert in the global Food & Drink industry.
From manufacturing through to retail and hospitality – we provide the inspiration, insight and connections to power our customers’ success.
Our specialists are deeply engaged in their markets and are recognised as the most trusted professionals in their field.
For 160 years, our diverse portfolio of trusted brands has delivered the information our clients need, reaching audiences through outstanding digital media, insights, prestigious awards, innovative exhibitions, events and print.
Fulfilling our role in the 21st century has meant harnessing digital channels to deliver insightful journalism and high-value data to businesses the world over. Guided by our Mission & Values, our Group’s activities now include category defining digital and print media, innovative business events and conferences, prestigious awards and informative conferences. We offer compelling research and powerful insights to our customers as well as providing recruitment and e-learning solutions within our core markets.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Multimedia Producer to join our team at 50 Best.
You will be responsible for all video and photo production to promote and communicate our 50 Best branded events and content campaigns, for both digital and live usage.
As part of the Content Team, you will report to the Content Director – Bars to ensure production and distribution of required multimedia assets – primarily photography and videography – as well as leading the ongoing development of our YouTube channels. There will also be multimedia support provided by the Social and Multimedia Executive as part of your sub-team.
The 50 Best brand is the leading authority in global gastronomy and cocktail culture, highlighting great restaurants and bars from all over the world and inspiring diners and drinkers to travel and explore.
The portfolio includes The World’s 50 Best Restaurants which launched in 2002 to provide a snapshot of the opinions and experiences of over 1,000 international restaurant industry experts. Latin America’s 50 Best Restaurants (launched in 2013), Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants (launched in 2013) and Middle East & North Africa’s 50 Best Restaurants (launched February 2022) have since followed to provide diners around the globe with local insight and culinary recommendations.
The World’s 50 Best Bars runs in a similar guise, with the annual list created from the votes of an Academy comprising over 600 drinks experts from across the globe. The list, which was first announced in 2009, represents the ultimate international guide to the world’s top bars and drinking destinations. The World’s 50 Best Bars was extended with the launch of Asia’s 50 Best Bars in 2016 and North America’s 50 Best Bars debuting in June 2022.
50 Best Discovery – an intuitive search engine featuring 2,500 restaurants and bars that have received votes from the respective Academies – unites the Restaurants and Bars brands. It is considered the most authoritative global gastronomic search site for consumers to use as a base when planning international travel.
Each year, and across every continent, we create, connect, and celebrate the global hospitality community through the shared passion of food and drink. We communicate via our events programmes, digital channels, and global PR, communications and marketing campaigns. 50 Best aims to bring together communities across the hospitality sector to foster collaboration, inclusivity, diversity and discovery and help drive positive change.
- Plan and organise video and photo shoot schedules to produce engaging multimedia content for our digital platforms
- Manage third-party suppliers to ensure all deliverables are planned, executed and produced in line with 50 Best’s publishing schedule
- Control the 50 Best photography and videography budgets and ensure projects are delivered within agreed costs
- Brainstorm engaging, innovative and interesting content ideas that will excite our audience and our partners
- Understand best practice for different video platforms (e.g. YouTube, Instagram etc) and how best to carry through a central theme or idea into formats that work best for each platforms
- Edit and create engaging graphics for use on 50 Best’s social channels
- Produce brand marketing videos that tell the story of the 50 Best brand
- Develop innovative content briefs that involve creativity and knowledge of social platforms
- Liaise with production agencies and talent for video and photo production
- Management of the 50 Best YouTube channels: channel optimisation, content publishing, moderating and growth through usage of analytics and video strategies
- Management of Google Ads for video-led campaign ads on the display network
- Management of the 50 Best Media Centre, which hosts imagery and video for media agencies to access
- Occasional requirement to shoot, record and edit content
Required Skills and Experience:
- Outstanding organisation and communication skills with familiarity of running several projects simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail
- Minimum three years’ experience working in a video production role
- An in-depth knowledge of the workings and fundamentals of social media video formats and trends (including YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and TikTok)
- Experience in briefing and managing third-party photography and video crews
- Pitching ideas for video-led content campaigns
- Knowledge of pre-production process, from brief creation to commissioning video and photo productions
- Great problem-solving skills: deal with problems before they arise, and come up with creative solutions on the spot when surprises present themselves
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Good knowledge of Adobe Suite for video and photo editing (Premiere Pro; Media Encoder; Photoshop; knowledge of After Effects and Illustrator not essential but desirable)
- A passion for global work-related travel, where on the ground management of video and photo crews will be required
- A keen interest in food, drink and travel content
- Graphic creation for social media platforms to increase engagement
- Experience of working with livestreams and podcasts desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of Spanish, Portuguese or other languages is a bonus
We provide a supportive work environment and are committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all of our employees. Working for William Reed means that you will be joining a stable organisation that is committed to developing its employees and brands.
We have offices in Gatwick and London, UK; Montpellier, France; Singapore and Chicago, US. In line with the Company’s current Agile Working Policy, the successful candidate would be eligible to work part of the week from our Crawley office and to work remotely for the rest of the week.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics. If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.
COMPANY BENEFITS INCLUDE
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Opportunity to participate in the Company’s Agile Working Policy
We look forward to hearing from you.