Mid-level Back-end Web Developer
The Web Developer will work on development projects across our systems, enhancing our online presence and developing the capabilities of our internal systems. This role would suit someone wishing to develop their back-end skills further. There is also the opportunity to develop front-end skills, which may start you on the road to becoming a full-stack web developer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Building discrete capabilities within existing or new systems
- Working on self-contained projects of an appropriate scale
- Implementing new plug-in capabilities on the web sites
- Working within the agreed process for developing, testing and releasing new code
- Writing code that is efficient, well-documented and maintainable
- Maintaining an awareness of security issues and mitigating the risk they present
- Developing and executing tests as part of the code development and release process
- Building and maintaining databases
- Working with and developing APIs
- Developing and maintaining web forms
- Building front-end web elements from design files
This list is not exhaustive and these duties are likely to change and develop with experience, and with the changing needs of the organisation.
Kings Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
You will need a range of technical experience and skills:
- Exposure to one or more frameworks/libraries (e.g. jquery, AJAX, node, Bootstrap)
- Experience working with structured data (e.g. MS SQL, MySQL)
- Understanding of the full cycle of software development using both agile and waterfall approaches
- Technical experience of at least one CMS
- Experience working with APIs
- Comfortable working with Linux
- Some experience of building front-end web elements from design files would be useful
You will also need the following qualities:
- A commitment to following best practices in coding and managing code
- An interest in developing new skills in different development technologies
- A logical, tenacious approach to problem-solving
- Comfort working in a collaborative environment
- The ability to develop productive working relationships
If called for interview, you will be asked to speak at length and in detail about your experience and skills. You will also need to share a portfolio of projects that demonstrates your abilities. Alongside the interview, you will be asked to solve a handful of problems to show us how you approach challenges.
How to apply
To apply for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be made by: 17th June 2022
Interviews will commence: Upon receipt and consideration of application, therefore it is in your interest to apply as soon as possible.
Kings is an Equal Opportunities employer and we adhere to the principles of equal opportunity in all aspects of our recruitment process.
It is Kings Education's policy not to communicate further with applicants other than those who are shortlisted for a position.