We are looking for an experienced Full Stack Web Developer to become an effective member of our talented digital team, playing a crucial role in the development and delivery of our web services across a diverse range of projects.
This is an excellent opportunity for a technical, well rounded and confident individual to develop professionally in an award-winning agency in Brighton & Hove, working on exciting projects in a variety of B2B and B2C industries ranging from Fashion and Music to Hospitality and Charitable organisations. The ideal candidate will have a helpful, proactive and supportive work ethic.
Your key accountabilities & responsibilities
- Full stack development, maintenance and deployment of web projects and support tickets.
- Delivery of high quality web work on time, on brief and to budget.
- Implementing technical solutions across all web work in line with agency strategy.
- Ensuring the technical feasibility of UI and UX designs.
- Providing accurate time estimates for your work.
- Ensuring all work has undergone thorough testing and meets acceptance criteria.
- Working collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams on client work and agency projects.
- Effectively communicating with clients across projects and support.
- Contributing to the maintenance and development of in house packages and libraries.
- Contributing technical insight to sales pitches and proposals as necessary.
- Keeping up to date with technological advancements in the industry and proactively implementing improvements to the agency's web offering.
The ideal candidate
- Minimum 5 years' relevant experience in a similar role.
- Highly technical and analytical.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in client facing environments.
- Writing clear and understandable code using well crafted method & variable names and docblock.
- The ability to debug your own code and that of others.
- Experience in versioning technologies such as GIT and Gitlab.
- Knowledge of interacting with RESTful APIs.
- Experience with Laravel.
- Experience with Shopify (Liquid templating, custom apps and the Shopify API).
- Experience with Wordpress (Developing themes, plugins and Gutenberg components).
- Experience with Docker and container technologies
- Experience with SQL (MySQL, Postgres)
- Familiarity with the Linux command line.
- Keen interest in staying up to date with industry changes.
Your bonus skills
- Experience with technical CRM integrations.
- Experience with devops, CI/CD.
- Experience with Indexed search technology such as Elastic Search or Algolia
- Good knowledge of current SEO principles.
- Solid understanding of E-Commerce.
What we give to you
- A competitive salary.
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays.
- An additional day off for your birthday.
- An extra day added to your holiday allowance each year.
- Medical cash plan.
- Regular company socials.
- Most Valuable Player prizes.
- Supportive working environment.
Joining our team
As a growing digital agency, our days are a mix of interesting client work, inspiring thought sharing sessions, technical challenges and plenty of fun along the way. We work hard, but understand the importance of a healthy balance too. We encourage transparency and promote openness. We're a company that believes everyone should have a voice and the platform to create positive change. As part of our dedicated team of digital experts, you'll get the chance to learn about many aspects of the business, alongside opportunities for professional development and progression within the agency. We're ambitious and driven, with great clients, fascinating projects and an inclusive culture.
If this feels like a good fit we’d love to hear from you! Send us your CV along with a covering letter, indicating your salary expectations and notice period in your application.
The majority of our team work 2 days from home and 3 days from our Hove office each week. We understand the importance of flexibility, and are happy to discuss your individual needs.
No recruiters please!