As DabApps continues to expand we are looking for a Project Manager to join our talented team in Brighton.
To be successful in this role you’ll:
- Lead a number of exciting projects. You will be the key liaison between internal and external/client teams.
- Help manage our projects internally and externally, ensuring we keep on track with project deliverables and roadmap. We generally use Agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum) but this flexes for different projects and clients.
- Act as Product Owner; really understand the products we develop and work with the client and development team to create great user experiences.
- Help unblock and motivate team members by solving challenges with clients, and ensure the team then carries out the strategy and delivers results.
- Identify new opportunities with existing clients and support our Business Development team in revenue pipeline reporting, meeting targets and growing the business.
- Manage a number of key client relationships, from on-boarding through to project go-live. You will be responsible for maintaining and developing the client relationship, keeping them up to date with project status and partnering with them to document new product requirements and manage expectations.
- Help us run the business more effectively. This may involve looking at internal processes, collecting metrics, helping with testing and Quality Assurance.
- Be someone with strong ethical values, who thrives on producing results, can adapt to new challenges, and enjoys learning along the way. The role will be varied and you will need excellent prioritisation and decision making skills.
- Be able to work effectively in a team-based, agile environment, as well as play a part in the growth and direction of the company as a whole, helping set company strategy. Being able to collaborate with the team and clients is vital.
- Have a positive attitude, bringing energy and enthusiasm to our team.
- Reflect and champion our Brand Values of Collaborative, Friendly, Expert.
It is not imperative to be a hands-on technical expert but we would expect you to understand high level technical concepts immediately and be able to drill into details when required (with help).
Flexible working options – a combination of in office (central Brighton) and 'work from anywhere'.
Skills we are looking for:
Expertise – Essential:
- Highly organised
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of working on client facing projects and liaising directly with clients
- Standout presentation skills (in person and video conferencing)
- The ability to quickly pick up new concepts or businesses and simplify them
- Project management experience with a love of systems and processes
- Client relationship/Account Management and Development experience
- Good IT skills and able to write clear presentations, documents and reports
- Technical confidence (ie. can you explain the difference between a web app, a mobile app and a hybrid app? What is AWS?)
- Agile methodologies – primarily Scrum (Scrum Master experience would be useful)
Expertise - Desirable:
- Business analysis
- User experience analysis, design and prototyping
- QA and software testing
- Bug reporting
In return we offer:
- A competitive salary based on your experience.
- A chance to join a growing company and help drive DabApps as we expand.
- 25 days paid holiday – plus paid bank holidays.
- Flexible working hours.
- A great working location in the heart of Brighton.
- Encouragement and support to take part in Brighton's vibrant creative and digital communities. We have links with the Universities and we're involved with Brighton Digital Festival, Codebar and Brighton Python User Group.
- Pension scheme (after qualifying period).
- Regular training and conference opportunities – in-house and external.
If you’re interested in this role and have relevant skills and experience, please consider applying even if your background doesn’t perfectly match our ideal credentials. DabApps is an equal opportunities employer: we are committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.
DabApps is one of Brighton's leading web and mobile app development agencies. We are passionate about producing high-quality work that we and our clients can be proud of.
Our values are based on standards compliance and best practice and we are constantly working to improve and streamline our development process. We use open source technology wherever we can, and contribute back to the open source community as much as possible.