Business Development Manager (Mid-tier) - Hybrid / Remote
- Hybrid / Remote
- £30k base salary p.a. + commission, OTE £50k-60k
- Business Development, Sales
- Contract Type
ProdPad is cloud-based product management software used by 1000+ companies, including companies like Adobe, DWP, Autodesk, Mozilla, Amazon, KLM and NHS Education.
It’s a "software as a service" (SaaS) web tool designed to help teams build better products. ProdPad provides a single interface that collects all of the input from an organisation's broad base of users, both external prospects & customers, and internal groups - like sales, customer care and development. ProdPad provides product managers a beautiful interface to organise their product backlog, build their roadmap, and send their requirements to development via any of our incredibly useful integrations.
As a company, we’re constantly striving for the best product management practices ourselves, so you can expect to be a part of a truly agile workplace, supporting continuous iterative improvement, not arbitrary deadlines! We are always building, learning and iterating on our product to make it better for our users, with continuous research and weekly deployments in place so you’ll be regularly contributing to improvements to the product.
We invest in training, conferences, and whatever else you might need to get new skills and improve your own work. We also encourage personal development and allow time for R&D regularly.
About the job
The Business Development Manager is responsible for identifying, nurturing, and closing sales opportunities for ProdPad in the mid-tier, SMB market. The market is well established and growing, providing a high volume of opportunities in North America and Europe.
You’ll be spending your time identifying potential customers based on ProdPad’s ideal customer profile (ICP), engaging with them to understand their pain points, showing them how ProdPad can solve those pain points, and ultimately converting them to recurring customers.
You’ll work closely with our marketing and success teams, to ensure a consistent message and approach to sales, to ensure we sell in a way that results in long-term recurring revenue.
Why this job is important
For ProdPad, this role will help to establish and retain business growth opportunities, obtain new clients, and foster business relationships to increase revenue from sales. For you, this role will provide you with a target-rich environment in which to earn uncapped sales commission, in a growing sector.
This role will be reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer.
The job will require you to meet sales targets and drive revenue growth, as a result of carrying out a wide range of responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Prospecting in the market, researching organizations and individuals to find new opportunities.
- Contacting potential leads, to establish interest and rapport, arrange product demonstrations, and encourage trials
- Providing product demos, helping prospects to understand how ProdPad can make them a better product manager, and answering questions or objections throughout the sales process.
- Coordinating product evaluations, co-opting internal experts as needed
- Networking with the product management community, attending conferences, meetings, and industry events.
- Developing quotes and proposals for clients.
- Ensuring our HubSpot CRM is kept up to date with your customer interactions and potential sales opportunities
- Sharing market feedback with the ProdPad product team, with a view to improving ProdPad’s product/market fit
- Sharing feedback with other commercially-focused teams to refine the sales process
Key Skills and Experience
- Worked in SaaS sales roles in the past - bonus points if you’ve got experience selling software to product development professionals
- Able to demonstrate a successful repertoire of prospecting techniques, with evidence of effective revenue generation and ability to hit targets
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Comfortable working with SaaS tools such as HubSpot, HelpScout, and ProdPad as well as the usual productivity tools like Slack and Google. You are comfortable working with prospecting databases and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Fluent in the language of product development professionals
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty
- You are ambitious, driven, and energetic, motivated by sales targets to achieve your own financial goals
- You have worked as a sales development representative (SDR) and have either recently stepped into a BDM role, or are looking to do so.
- You are a confident communicator, comfortable interacting with senior stakeholders who are in decision-making positions.
- You are credible and authoritative in your approach but are able to maintain a friendly and professional demeanor.
- You are good at understanding the problems faced by customers - bonus points if you have experience working with product managers
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced startup, being reactive to change but also considered and structured in how you manage your work.