Software Administrator x 2
- University of Sussex
- flexible and remote working options available
- starting at £34,304 to £40,927 per annum, pro rata
- Software Engineering
- Contract Type
About the University
The University of Sussex is a leading academic institution nestled in the beautiful South Downs, on the outskirts of Brighton. With staff and students from over 100 countries, we are a diverse and innovative environment, and one of the highest performing universities in the world.
Led by an award-winning Chief Digital Transformation Officer and inspirational leadership team, we are now embarking on an ambitious programme of transformational change. Over the coming years, this digital transition will be an ever-developing programme supported by senior stakeholders both financially and strategically. All of this is underpinned by major construction and estate renewal, an exciting programme of work to add thousands of accommodation spaces, and a network replacement project to install the latest digital infrastructure as part of the journey towards a fully data-enabled organisation.
We are moving to an agile world and need to take the organisation on the same journey; to be sector leading and to deliver a model of digital delivery fit for the coming years. As this programme gains momentum, we need more people to join us as we unpick our challenges and legacy systems and move towards meeting our potential.
About the role
The Software Administrator will support the day-to-day operation of the applications, products and services that fall within the scope of platform area, providing an escalation point for support activities to University staff and Students, monitoring and maintaining systems, and enabling the delivery of applications services that provide high levels of availability and quality of service.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Demonstrate expertise in a range of applications, products and services typically used in a UK Higher Education environment.
- Investigate incidents and problems, and establish and implement approved resolutions and preventative measures.
- Assist with technology and software product selection, contribute to recommendations.
- Liaise with external suppliers, and stakeholders, to plan and implement routine maintenance for applications (such as patching and monitoring) and Business as Usual upgrades.
Please contact Peter O’Rourke, P.ORourke@sussex.ac.uk for informal enquiries.
For full details and how to apply see our vacancies page