Senior Software Engineer
- Back-End Development, Software Engineering
- Contract Type
About Infor MES
Infor MES helps automotive manufacturers and suppliers develop operational models to simulate plant floor activities, determine optimal times to restock and replenish inventories, project just-in-time needs, improve traceability, and maximize the overall efficiency of manufacturing operations. With Infor MES, you’ll be better able to manage the shop floor and take advantage of digital insights.
We are looking for a highly skilled computer programmer who has experience of developing applications in C# using both .Net and Entity Framework. You will be joining a talented team of developers working on a world-class web application in the manufacturing world.
A Day In a Life Typically Includes
Working as part of a team with responsibility for developing new areas of functionality within Infor MES and its integration with the wider suite of Infor products you will:
- Participate in daily team meetings to manage team goals and workloads
- Pick up on the existing code base and engaging with refactoring discussions
- Assess specifications for new feature requirements and implement these using appropriate technologies
- Help migrate our existing architecture to .NET 6 and Entity Framework
- Build performant, scalable components
- Write unit tests for all APIs and transactions
- Help educate developers in best practice .Net coding
- Engage in architectural discussions
- Monitor Teams channels to offer guidance and share knowledge in order to keep projects and customer system operating smoothly for fast resolution of issues
- Engage in code reviews (PRs) with peers
- Experience in a development team
- .Net Framework/.Net Core familiarity
- Entity Framework/EF.Core
- Proven experience of orchestration systems
- Knowledge of containerization technologies such as Docker
What’s in it for you?
At Infor, we are highly invested in the success of our people. We strive to make Infor a great company to do business with—and an awesome place to work. We recruit passionate people, cultivate an inclusive work environment, and encourage volunteerism in our communities
Our Guiding Principles set the standard for how we work with one another. They define who we are as an organization and guide everything we do. By applying the same shared values that unleash prosperity in free societies—such as value creation, integrity, responsibility, free speech, and toleration—we encourage one another to take initiative and to challenge the status quo.
We have a relentless commitment to a culture based on a business philosophy called Market Based Management® (MBM®). Informed by the principles that allow a free and open society to flourish, MBM® prepares individuals to innovate, improve, and transform while fostering a healthy, growing organization that creates long-term value for its clients and supporters and fulfillment for its employees.
Infor does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age or individuals with disabilities.
At Infor we value your privacy that’s why we created a policy that you can read here.
The information above is not complete and may change once joining Infor in future but this is a guide of the overall role. Please find further information here.