Hybrid home/office working - 2 days at Shoreham-by-Sea office with the team!
Pavilion Publishing & Media is the leading provider of professional development products and services for public, private and voluntary workers in the health, social care, education and community safety sectors. We believe that everyone has the right to fulfil their potential and to provide the best service they can in their sector. To do that our products and services aim to raise standards, promote best practices and support continuing professional development throughout all the sectors in which we operate. Areas of particular interest include mental health, learning disability, social care, staff development and vulnerable adults. Pavilion also produces conferences, exhibitions and magazines in these sectors. Our online portfolio includes both e-commerce and editorial-based sites.
The Marketing Manager will focus on our products and services in the learning disability, mental health and social care markets. With over 20 years of experience in these sectors, they’re crucial to our brand and our sales.
The successful candidate will work with the Head of Marketing to assist with the development of the marketing strategy for this part of the business. They’ll be responsible for planning and executing all marketing activity from direct to digital for both B2B and B2C audiences.
Who are you?
This role will suit someone creative, organised, and results-driven, with proven marketing abilities and an interest in the health and social care sector.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Rolling out marketing strategy and developing integrated marketing plans for Pavilion’s social care portfolio
- Executing online events and training course marketing including online moderation of events
- Executing marketing plans on time and to budget
- Executing data capture and retention strategy
- Developing product and brand awareness
- Analysing and reporting on key campaign metrics, including ROI, across the marketing mix
- Market research including competitor research
- Relationship management (eg, with authors and event speakers)
- Organising external event attendance and attending key sector events when required
- Running and maintaining AdWords and paid social adverts for our social care portfolio
- General marketing administrative duties/share of cover during absence, holiday, etc.
- Developing a real understanding of the learning disability, mental health and social care sectors and where our fit products within them.
- Previous experience of publishing a definite advantage
- Degree or equivalent in a marketing-related discipline
- Research skills
- Conversant in best and latest practice for social media and digital marketing
- Interested in or prior experience of working in Publishing or Social Care
- Interested in or prior experience of working in online events.
Skills and Attributes
- Campaign planning and coordination
- Compelling copywriting for the web; direct and inbound marketing
- Experience of using email marketing software and developing email campaigns
- Basic understanding of PR
- Experience of working to deadlines
- Lateral thinking; good at problem-solving
- Self-motivated and a self-starter
- Strong commercial acumen and record of success
- Understanding of reporting and analytics, including GA
- Excellent communication and relationship building
- Confident presence at events both face to face and virtually
- A technologically enthusiastic company and colleagues
- A structure where everyone has a voice and makes a direct and valued contribution to building the best product possible
- Working to improve the lives of the most disadvantaged people
- Flexible working hours and a relaxed working environment
- 25 days leave rising to 30 after 2 years (plus bank holidays)
- Enhanced pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programmes
- Season ticket travel loans