Use your digital skills in publishing at Pavilion! Hybrid home-office working (3 days in Shoreham-by-Sea office per week)
Pavilion Publishing & Media is the leading provider of professional development products and services for public, private and voluntary workers in the health, social care, education and community safety sectors. We believe that everyone has the right to fulfil their potential and to provide the best service they can in their sector. To do that our products and services aim to raise standards, promote best practices and support continuing professional development throughout all the sectors in which we operate. Areas of particular interest include mental health, learning disability, social care, staff development and vulnerable adults. Pavilion also produces conferences, exhibitions and magazines in these sectors. Our online portfolio includes both e-commerce and editorial-based sites.
The Digital Services Specialist (DSS) works at the intersection of business, technology and content to help all parts of the business to develop
The role will help the Head of Digital to manage Pavilion’s online digital product strategy to support commercial goals, as well as managing any issues and requirements from the digital product editors to ensure all business functions get the assistance they need in a timely and efficient manner.
The DSS will have the knowhow and ability to drive, deliver and manage successful Google Marketing solutions from advertising to search console to analytics across the business within time and to internal customer expectations. Heavily involved in SEO (keywords, snippets, tags, categories etc.) and product setup for our web shop.
The DSS will assist with the requirements and management of the e-learning/webinar platform to work on delivering solutions for all business areas, as well as assisting the Head of Digital to ensure our digital services meet customer needs and deliver solutions that evolve business and customer interactions with Pavilion.
To manage the specialist content management system (CMS) is a major part of the responsibilities in to make sure any issues are investigated & documented and passed to ICT, any new requirements are gathered & quoted for and any assistance to our colleagues is afforded.
The candidate should demonstrate a real passion and understanding of how “digital experiences” make a difference to our customer’s lives, how Google services can provide a solution to our customers results driven analysis and how e-learning can be developed.
Pavilion relies largely on its data to drive direct marketing activity and marketing research as well as its sales pipeline. Data is therefore the lifeblood of the organisation and is key to its commercial success. This role sits at the heart of the digital sales and marketing process.
Who are you?
You are self-motivated and able to manage a multitude of differing tasks with the ability to think around problems that may be a blocker. You love problem-solving! Ideally you are educated to at least A-level standard, but this is mitigated by experience
Job tasks & responsibilities
- Manage data tasks – download and manipulation of data spreadsheet for specific needs
- Assist in the creation and management of webinars
- Assist in the creation and management of e-learning courses for our in-house solution
- Create, manage and review Google Marketing tools – Ads, Analytics, Search Console etc.
- Manage SEO across all platforms
- Write documentation
Essential Skills and Attributes
- Some experience of email marketing software, specifically Google Marketing tools
- Knowledge of SEO
- Knowledge of a CMS backend
- MS Office
- A strong communicator – ability to listen, understand, discuss and explain
Desirable Skills and Attributes
- Experience of working in a publishing or similar environment on digital product development
- Knowledge of developing e-learning courses
- WordPress (or equivalent CMS) setup and management
- HTML and/or CSS development
- Knowledge of social and digital media practices
- Experience of working with a marketing team
- Helpful to have knowledge of marketing campaign tools such as Mailchimp, Spotler etc.
- Interested in or prior experience of working in health, social care, education, or community safety sectors
- Interested in or prior experience of working in events and / or publishing
- A technologically enthusiastic company and colleagues
- A structure where everyone has a voice and makes a direct and valued contribution to building the best product possible
- Working to improve the lives of the most disadvantaged people
- Flexible working hours and a relaxed working environment
- 25 days of annual leave rising to 30 after 2 years (plus bank holidays)
- Enhanced pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programmes
- Season ticket travel loans