Customer Support and Connector Development – Extended Hours
We are seeking a talented individual to join a key role in our team. The role will sit across both Customer Support and Connector Development.
The role would suit someone technically minded who is, perhaps, either a recent University graduate with a relevant degree or is someone developing out their software programming skills and looking for exposure to a fast-moving development environment.
We are looking for an individual who will cover the UK hours of either 2pm to 10pm or 3pm to 11pm, Monday to Friday, to provide extended hours support coverage to our growing, international, client base.
With the right skills and application this role can, over time, be an entry level role into our development team.
You’re technical but you’re also a skilled communicator
You will need to interact with our clients through our helpdesk ticketing system by responding to issues that arise, providing advice when needed and helping us to document best practise such that we develop our library of documentation that can be self-served by clients. One to one client communication by Zoom/telephone will be an occasional feature of the role.
Cyclr develops a powerful SaaS integration toolkit for SaaS companies. With Cyclr clients can quickly create, manage and deliver an amplified suite of integrations from within their own application.
Our software platform is of critical importance to the clients that adopt it, to the extent that we view them as partners of our business. We expect all parts of our business to touch our clients on their journey.
We’re a young but growing business
Cyclr is growing fast. It will be exciting, things will evolve quickly, and you will get experience working on diverse projects. You will be joining our business at a formative stage and will have an opportunity to influence our development direction and growth and you will be helping to establish the foundations of a very large company.
The role will initially focus on Customer Support, Documentation and Cyclr Community administration. For the right candidate, the role has multiple routes for development within our team.
You’re a team player
Our team work across multiple locations. As a result, we live in Slack and video chat to plan, organise, report, test, and generally ensure the smooth progress of projects. You should be able to collect, process, and summarise complex data into effective communication. Whilst team play is important, equally important is that you are an independent worker as we work on a predominantly remote basis.
- Administration of the helpdesk from 2pm to 10pm or 3pm to 11pm, Monday to Friday
- Providing technical support to existing and prospective clients on their use of the Cyclr tools
- Maintaining, developing and updating support documentation
- Talking to users and being able to organise and apply their feedback and requests for new connectors and methods
- Monitoring and maintaining the Cyclr Community
- Either a relevant computer science degree and/or accreditations or practical work experience in a technical environment
- A team player who will be able to communicate well with our Platform and Connector development teams around both support issues and documentation
- Good written and oral communication
- Ability to prioritise
- A willingness to invest time in understanding Cyclr and the API eco-system
- Ability to work independently
- Prior experience of Zendesk or other support systems
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of data flows
- Prior integration experience
Working at Cyclr
We set out to be a flexible and adaptable employer. We believe that the best teams perform off the back of their own application and initiative and not because they are all made to fit in the same box. The most important thing to us is that you perform your role, deliver against expectation and that you are happy. We expect you to be responsible at work and to this end, we offer a high degree of responsibility when it comes to some of the more standard terms of employment.
LIFE COMES FIRST
We actively promote health and wellbeing and the importance of life outside work
CUSTOMERS ARE PARTNERS
We listen to our partners and put them at the heart of the decisions we make
We work with honesty and transparency to deliver a product that we can be truly proud of
WE AIM HIGH
We are proactive and ambitious in developing our skills and growing the organisation
Diversity and inclusion
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and believe that a diverse and inclusive team has a positive impact on our products and services.
Competitive salary depending on experience and location
We welcome candidates from across the South East and have offices in East Croydon and Brighton that our staff can access anytime, alongside remote working where preferred.
Our core hours are 9-5, Monday-Friday but we are open to flexible working requests.
- A competitive salary based upon your experience and an annual salary review
- A choice of office locations to work from, or the option to work from home
- Family-friendly flexible working patterns
- An uncapped flexible holiday allowance and a mandatory day off on your birthday
- Auto-enrolment to our pension scheme
- The opportunity to develop your skills in a rapidly growing company and a healthy learning and development budget
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave for new parents
- Travel expenses are paid when traveling beyond your usual assigned office location
- A generous referral bonus scheme if you can help us find other great teammates
- Cycle to work scheme that allows you to save money on a new work bike and spread the cost over monthly tax-free instalments through your employer
- Plenty of team rewards as we hit our growth targets
Please send your CV and a short introduction, specifying the role for which you are applying, to email@example.com – NO AGENCIES
The Wired Sussex team caught up Cyclr to see what they're looking for in new recruits, and what they love about their roles. Read here