Customer Support Analyst x3
- University of Sussex
- Falmer & Hybrid options available
- starting at £30,497 to £34,304 per annum
- IT Support, Account Handling
- Full-Time, Part-Time, Flexible
- Contract Type
The University of Sussex is a leading academic institution nestled in the beautiful South Downs, on the outskirts of Brighton. With staff and students from over 100 countries, we are a diverse and innovative environment, and one of the highest performing universities in the world. We are also a major local employer, with a revenue of over £320m per year and over 3,000 employees.
Led by an award-winning Chief Digital Transformation Officer and inspirational leadership team, we are now embarking on an ambitious programme of transformational change. Over the coming years, this digital transition will be an ever-developing programme supported by senior stakeholders both financially and strategically. Put simply, whilst we are already a highly successful organisation and business, the University will be a very different world in years to come and achieve levels of performance and digital delivery as yet unseen in the sector. All of this is underpinned by major construction and estate renewal, an exciting programme of work to add thousands of accommodation spaces, and a network replacement project to install the latest digital infrastructure as part of the journey towards a fully data-enabled organisation.
We are moving to an agile world and need to take the organisation on the same journey; to be sector leading and to deliver a model of digital delivery fit for the coming years. As this programme gains momentum, we need more people to join us as we unpick our challenges and legacy systems and move towards meeting our potential.
A critical part of this is the modernisation and replacement of our legacy networks, including major civils to replace physical infrastructure, our Cyber Security Plus programme, and moving our data centres to the cloud. Reporting into the Customer Helpdesk Team Lead, the Help Desk Analyst, will be a key member of the IT Services Team and play a crucial role in the delivering outstanding service experience that achieve a high rate of ‘first time fix.’ In this role you will be expected to:
- Support the IT Helpdesk as directed by the Head of Service Management.
- Accurately record Incidents and Service Requests, whilst following agreed Service Management processes.
- Respond to customer requests for support by providing information that enables problem resolutions.
- Contribute to resolution of Incidents and Service Requests through to resolutions in line with agreed KPI’s.
- Provide advice and support remotely and in person to end users.
- Escalate Incidents and Service Requests that are unable to be resolved at the Helpdesk.
- Provide effective information to end users via outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Have a commitment to customer service excellence.
- Have experience in providing technical support to end users and have good knowledge in at least 2 of the following: Software, Hardware, mobile devices, Windows, Linux, Mac OS, IOS, Android, AV technologies or collaboration and productivity software.
Not only do we offer flexible and remote working, a vibrant atmosphere, use of our incredible facilities, benefits, and an amazing pension; but we are offering the opportunity to be part of a transformation that will see us set the benchmark for a model of digital delivery in the HE sectors.
For more information please contact US@global-resourcing.com or call 02082531806 to speak to Rachel Ellis, Lawrence Harris or Tom King.