Conference Producer - International Sustainability Conferences
- Rethink Events Ltd
- Central Brighton
- £24-30K Dependent on Experience Plus Bonuses
- Project Management, Editorial / Content, Marketing / PR
- Mid-Level, Junior-Level
- Contract Type
Rethink Events is a fast-growing company with an exceptional team that creates and delivers international business conferences promoting new technologies in sustainable agriculture, food and water.
Based in Brighton, we work globally, with our biggest events taking place in San Francisco, New York, London, Singapore, Los Angeles, Amsterdam and São Paulo.
We are currently seeking a new Conference Producer to join our hard-working team to research and produce the programmes for some of our most exciting events. This is a challenging and varied role, with the following responsibilities:
- Conduct online and telephone research to identify the issues, challenges and opportunities within a specific industry sector
- Write an engaging agenda for the conference, and invite and secure high-profile speakers for your programme
- Work closely with the sales and marketing teams to ensure we maximise the number of sponsors, exhibitors and attendees at your events
- Write promotional and marketing materials, including web content, brochure and emails
- Travel to and co-manage each conference on the day
Could this be the right role for you?
- At least two years’ commercial experience: Conference production is ideal, but journalism, PR or research would be a good background for this role
- Research skills: The ability to quickly get up to speed with new topics and identify the key issues and players within each
- Commercial acumen: An understanding of what makes a conference work, and how we can create real business opportunities for our audience
- Excellent communications skills: The ability to connect with CEO-level business leaders by phone and in writing, and to create persuasive marketing copy
- Project management: Self-motivated and organised – able to plan your own time to complete a project to tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills: The ability to work within a close-knit team and to inspire and motivate your team-mates
- Strong academic credentials: Minimum 2.1 at degree level
- Language skills an added bonus
We are open to applications from both experienced candidates and recent graduates with 1-2 years' commercial experience. We are a young and dynamic company and can adapt the role (and salary) to match your skillset.
If you are passionate about sustainability, with a good business-brain and an international outlook, we'd love to hear from you.
Salary: Competitive Base Salary based on experience, plus Generous Profit Share.
Other Benefits: Generous Pension Scheme. Ride to Work Scheme. Opportunities for International Travel.
This is a Full Time, Permanent Position.