Smarter Shows, now part of Tarsus Group, is a vibrant, dynamic B2B exhibition and conference company based in the centre of Brighton, 5 minutes’ walk from Brighton mainline station. We pride ourselves on nurturing fresh talent via a highly flexible and open working environment. Our ability to quickly and successfully absorb new ideas and react to changing and increasingly demanding customer needs makes us a small, yet powerful, force to be reckoned within an exciting, fast-paced industry.
The company has grown significantly since its creation in 2009 and we have a passionate, creative and ambitious team of 40, currently focused on delivering a portfolio of advanced engineering and manufacturing events across a range of sectors in both Europe and the US.
We are now looking for a Web Developer to join our small technical team of 3 on a full time, permanent contract. The role primarily consists of working in an agile environment in developing and improving the CMS and taking a lead in the development of key API driven front end features. This is an opportunity to really make your mark.
This role would suit an Intermediate level developer with 3 years+ experience but we would consider a more junior level candidate with the right skills and attributes. Salary competitive based on experience and skillset.
Required Skills :
• HTML5 / CSS / SASS
• Working knowledge of PHP / mySQL
• Keen interest in the web and familiar with current trends and practices
• Experience with the Modx CMS platform (OR similar PHP open source CMS such as Joomla, Wordpress, Drupal etc)
• Bootstrap - CSS Frameworks
• Version control (GIT)
• Working knowledge of SEO
• Knowledge of Agile methodologies
• Experience working with Event technology and the requirements would be an asset.