Marketing and Communications Manager
- APAC Ltd
- Uckfield (hybrid)
- starting salary £25,000pa (negotiable)
- Business Development, Project Management, Marketing / PR
- Contract Type
Full time, 37.5 hours
- Reports to Operations Manager
- Line Manages Marketing & Communications Department
About the role
The post-holder will lead and manage the delivery and continuous development of an effective and flexible Marketing and Communications Department, overseeing its day-to-day aspects and liaising with various internal and external stakeholders on related matters.
They will also assist with the review, development, and implementation of related processes in order to ensure a consistent, transparent, and positive customer experience.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, with some experience of line-managing staff
- Impeccable verbal and written standard of English
- Superb organisational skills with strong administrative experience
- Good interpersonal skills and able to be a team player, always willing to support colleagues to achieve broader team objectives
- Knowledge and experience of working with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and Teams
- A commitment to their own personal learning and development
- A results-focused and pro-active approach
- Prior experience of having worked in an educational establishment is not a pre- requisite, although would be desirable.
- Willingness to work flexible hours as required during peak work times
- General understanding of the full student lifecycle from enquiry to enrolment and understanding of the importance of admissions processes in maintaining student records and contribution to overall student experience
- Experience of dealing with a wide range of demanding individuals and of resolving problems quickly and calmly
- Experience of being administratively self-sufficient and accustomed to exercising initiative.
- Experience of prioritising and ability to balance a diverse workload while working with precision
- Taking a pro-active approach to forward planning whilst remaining flexible to changing needs
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to generate ideas, inspire confidence and motivate others
- Good organisational and time management skills; scheduling and prioritising multiple projects and tasks with varying deadlines
- Excellent customer service ethos to enable effective delivery of services to internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to establish and maintain productive professional relationships with colleagues and stakeholder groups
- Creative and innovative approach to problem solving
- Ability to manage change and respond positively to new challenges
- Pro-active, responsive, motivated, and approachable
- Ability to work under pressure
- A high degree of judgement to make recommendations or decisions
- A methodical and organised approach to work with a high level of accuracy and an eye for detail
- Commitment to working as part of a team
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity and honesty, and an ability to manage information confidentially and sensitively.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Line-managing Enquiries and Marketing departments by distributing and monitoring the workload amongst the team members (e.g. conducting regular one-to-one as well as weekly meetings, ensuring that all telephone calls and correspondence to the their departments are answered professionally and promptly, etc.)
- Managing staff recruitment; training and induction of the new staff in the Marketing and Enquiries departments
- Producing reports for management as required
- Producing and being responsible for the marketing budget and annual plan
- Management of annual marketing budget – ensuring budget is allocated as effectively as possible.
- Keeping Marketing Schedule up to date and ensuring all artwork/copy is submitted in advance of the given deadline(s)
- Identifying where communications with students (and other stakeholders) are required. Producing required communications ensuring tone and information included is correct and appropriate
- Leading regular PTUK / APAC catch up meetings with the registrants (3-4 times a year) via Zoom by preparing and presenting a company update / summary of the events that took place in the previous quarter; producing minutes and distributing accordingly
- Producing and sending out mass communications
- Full logistical and project management of PTUK Conference
- Delegating management for PTUK Conference
- Budgeting Management for PTUK Conference
- On-site Management of PTUK Conference
- Production and maintaining of Project Management Documents for PTUK Conference – WIP documents, Running Orders, Delegate Lists, Rooming Lists, Meeting Matrices, Dietary Lists etc
- Supplier Sourcing for PTUK Conference
- Production of marketing materials for APAC Training Programmes, PTUK Conference and other areas of the business as required
- Management of PTUK, APAC and Regional Websites – updating training dates, information, job advertisements, providing new copy as required
- Working on the redesign of the new PTUK, APAC, PTI and Regional Websites – site mapping, proof reading, allocating different areas of the website to relevant team members for proof reading/sense checking, working with developers and other team members on new content, layout etc.
- Management of Organisation’s social media pages – posting and developing content, responding to queries/comments made on public forums, researching and proposing ideas for regular or one-off features, ensuring important cultural, social and religious events are acknowledged and celebrated
- Filing content suggestions supplied by other team members and posting as and when appropriate
- Management of Organisation’s marketing schedule – strategising in terms of frequency, placement, location, publication, and media type to achieve the best possible results
- Negotiating preferential terms with publishers – free editorial/advertorial, reduced rates, preferential placement
- Production of advertisements – print, digital, editorial and advertorial
- Checking and completing booking forms for print and digital advertisement bookings
- Researching and identifying new and innovative ways to reach target markets
- Ensuring that all health and safety obligations are met in all aspects of the role
- Adhering to all company policies, procedures, and systems. To represent the company in a professional manner and to always act in a manner which will not damage its reputation.
- Any other administrative duties as reasonably required by Line Manager
Key Performance Indicators
- Effectiveness of planning and proactivity in annual schedule of activities
- Efficiently handling activities and effectively prioritising
Knowledge of work:
- Demonstrates understanding of the role responsibilities and all phases of activity
- Demonstrates understanding of APAC’s policies and procedures.
- Provides relevant and timely information to line manager and operational meetings via well-structured reports
- Demonstrates effective communication of information to co-workers and other operational/ procedural stakeholders in a timely and clear manner.
- Demonstrates cooperative spirit
- Involves all relevant stakeholders in tasks and activities
- Does not contain work and responsibilities to a silo.
Decision making/ problem solving:
- Makes timely and practical decisions
- Demonstrates effective understanding of problems when they arise and takes appropriate action in a timely manner.
- Resolves student issues and queries within APAC’s policies
- Communicates effectively with students to manage dissatisfaction or anxiety, working to enhance the student experience
- Communicates effectively to students to help them understand information relevant to their programme and registration, as well as APAC’s quality assurance processes and policies
- Maintains good punctuality
- Maintains good personal attendance record
- Complies with instructions and effectively meets deadlines
- Effectively prioritises responsibilities and deadlines
Diversity and Inclusion
APAC is committed to equal opportunities and anti-discrimination practices and we positively encourage applications from all sections of the community. We are particularly interested in attracting applications from applicants from diverse groups.
All posts will be subject to receiving two satisfactory references (one from the most recent employer) and an ID check.
This job purpose reflects the core activities of the post. As the Department and the post-holder develop, there will inevitably be some changes to the duties for which the post is responsible, and possibly to the emphasis of the post itself. APAC expects that the post-holder will recognise this and will adopt a flexible approach to work. This could include undertaking relevant training where necessary. Should significant changes to the job purpose become necessary, the post-holder will be consulted and the changes reflected in a revised job purpose.