Totara's talent development software empowers people to do their best work. The Totara Talent Experience Platform gives organisations worldwide the power to build unique employee experiences that better develop their people in the way that’s just right for them. Totara is a multicultural product company that values openness, innovation and collaboration. Headquartered in Wellington, New Zealand, we are a team of 100+, with teams also in the US, UK and Europe.
About the role
In the newly established role of People and Culture Advisor at Totara, you will play a pivotal role in helping to provide operational HR advice and guidance through the employee life cycle, with a primary focus on recruitment, onboarding, payroll review and advice, employee development, process implementation, and data analysis to inform opportunities for more efficient ways of working.
The People and Culture Advisor will build and develop relationships with our teams and support them with HR queries and activities and will also manage, maintain and update the HR policies, processes and procedures.
With employees in five different markets, this is an opportunity for someone to learn and create in a truly global, fast growth and fast-paced environment, offering a varied workload.
The successful candidate will work closely with our Head of People and Culture, and directly with our teams to help support our people in the following key focus areas:
- Contribute to the development of a collaborative, high-performing organisational culture by building employee and organisational capability
- Provide sound and expert advice on operational people matters, risks, issues and trends to keep managers informed and supported, including recruitment, global health and safety and general HR administration
- Providing generalist HR support across three markets (UK, US and New Zealand)
- Develop, implement, and monitor systems, policies, and procedures to ensure compliance with legislative requirements and standards
- Contribute to and or take the lead in various People and Culture support projects
- Lead the full recruitment life cycle, including job descriptions, job ads, reference checking, preparation of employment contracts and supporting the onboarding process for new joiners
- Provide immigration support and the maintenance of visa and employee records.
A customer-focused and motivated HR professional who has preferably worked in a high growth, fast-paced business, and who has helped to build out an effective and customer-focused HR function.
- Ideally you will have 3-5 years of previous HR Coordination experience and will be familiar with supporting activities across the broad spectrum of HR
- Previous experience in a fast paced organisation
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of HR best practice with the ability to provide advice in areas such as employment relations, performance management, payroll and pension processes and HR administration practice
- Previous experience working in a global (or pan-European) role
- The ability to work independently and flexibly
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills are essential
What We Offer
An autonomous, supportive working environment where you can be a part of a team that has a direct impact on our team's culture and wellbeing.
Totara is what it is because of our people. Our goal is to provide the spaces and support for our people to do their best work, and be celebrated as part of our team.
Joining our team means joining the pursuit to create effective and engaging learning workplaces for all. We’re growing and are looking for people who are excited about making an impact.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!