- Brilliant Brighton (Brighton BID)
- £4,000 - £5,000 fee
- Front-End Development, Back-End Development, Design / Creative
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
Our current website (www.brilliantbrighton.com) is no longer fit for purpose. Although it has the elements that the new site needs, it doesn’t execute them in a very user friendly or modern way.
The development of the new website will provide a simple, yet stylish portal for visitors to the city centre to access all the special offers, news and information in one place.
Most of all, both the website and the logo must be accessible, in every sense.
So, what do we need in the new website?
Here are some elements we’d like to keep:
- Businesses being able to upload offers/ news directly - with images as a must.
- The Directory, and break down into each area e.g. North Laine, The Lanes, Preston St, East St etc.
- The current sections/tabs, although these can be built on/added to, but with a new design they could look sleeker.
What the site needs to have/be:
- A bright, clear and inviting home page
- More modern design/interactive scrolling homepage
- The site needs to be image-rich and engaging, potentially with a silent video on the homepage, showcasing Brilliant Brighton as an area and all the projects we do
- Include a visual Instagram feed at bottom
- Homepage to showcase spotlight on our projects, directory and news and offers (we will need to retain existing copy on the new site)
We like the look and feel of https://www.carnaby.co.uk. We particularly like the focus on more promotion for the areas/ breakdown of stores/ restaurants first, rather than news/ offers.
There also needs to be simple drop-down menus for the different business types advertising their special offers: e.g. 2for1 restaurant deals, retailer discount vouchers etc.
- A simple content management based system (WordPress.org – moving hosting and domain).
- We need to be able to upload directly in the backend.
- Would be good to add categories to news posts to be a dropdown option on navigation menu for further navigation, e.g ‘Meet the Manager’, ‘Independent Businesses’ etc.
- An entirely customer focused site
- We have two navigation bars which would need to come together on the next reiteration
- A system with dual functionality, both on desktop and mobile devices
- An online directory of all the businesses in the BID
- We need to be able to port over the current data in this section as it is all still relevant
- The section also needs to have drop down menus for business type e.g. Restaurants; cafes; book shops; fashion etc
- There may be an app that is an appropriate bolt on
- An automatic weekly newsletter/sign up option so that we can mail out to customers and give them a reason for re-visiting the site on a regular basis
- Ad-hoc ongoing support from the web developer for any issues/ queries
Please see tender brief for more details.
Timeline for Delivery
Deadline for submissions: Friday 30th Sept, 5pm
Shortlisting: W/C 3rd October
Interviews: W/C 10th October
Award of Contract: W/E 10th October
Delivery date of final product to be determined on commencement of contract.
- Shelley Welti on Shelley.Welti@brightonbid.com or call 07754 314016
- Gavin Stewart, on email@example.com or call 07772 488351