- Major Digital
- Plus X, Brighton
- £33,000 – £38,000 depending on experience
- Project Management
- Mid-Level, Junior-Level
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
About the job
We are looking to welcome a Project Manager to Major Digital to plan and execute a growing workload for a growing delivery team.
This opportunity is ideal for someone who is detail oriented and enjoys working to drive efficient delivery of projects for our clients and in-turn, improve the lives of their users.
You will act as a conduit between our clients, account managers and the delivery team, with an aim to maximise success for all parties. Projects and retainers should be clinically managed with regular communication, status updates and reporting with clients and internal management, to ensure everyone is continuously up-to-date.
Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) is therefore a must-have. As is being able to understand and evaluate predominantly digital and brand related requests from clients, to brief internally.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining project plans
- Confident direct management of internal and external stakeholders
- Task planning & timely delivery
- Risk management
- Scheduling & reporting
- Budgeting & reporting
- Conflict resolution
The Role in Detail
The project manager's role is to plan and efficiently execute any work MAJOR has agreed to undertake. It's a much more 'project detail' and delivery focused role than the Account Manager's 'account focused' role, which has more of a focus on new business and strategic account growth.
The key components of the 'MAJOR' Project Management role:
- Planning and Defining Delivery Scope: Understanding the defined scope of the project, planning the start and working towards a defined finish.
- Task Planning and Sequencing: Managing the tasks allocated to the delivery team and dealing with any issues or challenges during the project. Doing everything to ensure successful on-time delivery, including ensuring the project is delivered in line with expectations set at the start.
- Resource Planning & Reporting: Planning & managing resource utilisation across the business (both internal resources and third-party/external contract resources) and identifying risks/bottlenecks that may impede project delivery or impact costs
- Managing and maintaining the Critical Path: maintaining close contact with the team and communicating the expected deliverables and timelines. The PM prevents 'Parkinson's law' from happening. (PL = Work expands to fill the timeline available!).
- Client communication buffer: the PM helps the delivery team avoid getting caught up in direct communications with the client, which improves overall efficiency.
- Time & Cost Estimating: responsible for working with internal stakeholders to define time & cost estimates for new project tasks (both New Business & CI retainers). Also responsible for ensuring payment terms are observed & project invoices are raised in-line with payment milestones.
- Managing Risks and Issues: keeps a log of key project risks & issues.
- Documentation Management: The PM is responsible for setting up & maintaining an 'organised' repository of all project documentation using the current platforms used within the MAJOR business (e.g. Office365, ClickUp).
- Project Variations: the PM monitors project delivery to ensure any project variations are identified early and communicated/negotiated with the client in partnership with the Account Manager.
- Quality Control: the PM is responsible for overseeing that QA on all written and visual project output as been conducted (where possible - obviously, you can't check/critique lines of Code).
- Account manager collaboration (client services focus): The Account Manager should manage the client relationship, while the Project Manager should manage the project team and project delivery. However, especially for CI-based retainers, the PM will need to maintain a high degree of client contact & communication. So we need to develop an effective way for the Project Manager & Account Manager to work and remain 'in sync' as a 'client services team.
We’re a small, growing agency who have been running since 2007. We pride ourselves on our honesty and transparency with clients and each other, whilst ensuring we remain friendly and empathetic in our interactions and work.
Our core value is to try to improve the lives of others, whether that be via a digital product, a creative solution or even just a helpful conversation. We love our work and take pride in what we do. Ensuring our team has a healthy work-life balance is key to delivering effectively so we’re flexible to both regular working options and ad-hoc requirements to ensure everyone remains happy and energised.
The majority of our work is digital-focused, though we offer a range of creative and user-experience services as well. We work on a wide range of innovative digital projects across a variety of sectors.
Our office is located at the new innovation hub Plus X on Lewes Road.
You and this role
- 2+ years of experience in a project management role
- Agency-side experience
- Able to bring confidence and efficiency to the team
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Experience of using ClickUp as a project management tool is preferable, but wouldn’t take long to get up to speed.
- £33,000 – £38,000 depending on experience
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays and a day off on your birthday)
- Company Pension Contributions
- Flexible working
- Company laptop
- £500 Yearly training budget
- Collaborative company culture with regular team social days
How to apply
Send your CV and a covering letter (outlining why you would be suitable for this role) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, we will be interviewing as soon as we receive applications. We will be in touch if we’d like to take your application further.