Who we are:
We are William Reed.
We are the leading expert in the global Food & Drink industry.
From manufacturing through to retail and hospitality – we provide the inspiration, insight and connections to power our customers’ success.
Our specialists are deeply engaged in their markets and are recognised as the most trusted professionals in their field.
For 160 years, our diverse portfolio of trusted brands has delivered the information our clients need, reaching audiences through outstanding digital media, insights, prestigious awards, innovative exhibitions, events and print.
Fulfilling our role in the 21st century has meant harnessing digital channels to deliver insightful journalism and high-value data to businesses the world over. Guided by our Mission & Values, our Group’s activities now include category defining digital and print media, innovative business events and conferences, prestigious awards and informative conferences. We offer compelling research and powerful insights to our customers as well as providing recruitment and e-learning solutions within our core markets.
We require a Digital PM experienced in the end-to-end process of web application builds and managing ongoing new feature requests on the existing websites.
We have a number of projects in the pipeline covering everything from introducing registration and subscription-based products to several of our industry news websites, as well as coordinating a review and recommendations project to refresh the content layouts, cosmetic refresh, propose navigation improvements, SEO optimization, content tagging and optimised advertising positioning.
The scoping for the “Refresh project” work has already started, and the successful candidate will take that over and forwards to work through to deliver against the agreed objectives. Once the reviews and investigations have completed and the requirements fully documented, the candidate will work with our internal teams to design, manage the build and test the changes. Development requests are managed via Kanban, so experience using JIRA and writing Users Stories is advantageous.
As well as this multifaceted project, the candidate will also manage the remaining elements of the subscription’s management platform rollout across the same websites. We are nearing completion of the Phase 1 rollout, and so the candidate will take ownership of the remaining phases where will explore Renewals management, content recommendation engine functionality and other extended features available to us through the platform.
Once these projects are finished, the role will extend to take on other projects across other digital systems at William Reed.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in enterprise level CMS platforms (like eZ Platform) and large-volume, high availability template driven front end websites builds. Knowledge of SEO best practice, core web vitals, improving advertising performance and subscriptions management platforms (Piano.io) would be advantageous. The candidate must have experience of managing senior stakeholders and be able to lead strong control over scope whilst managing expectations and leading changes to people’s workflows. Good communication and leadership skills are mandatory.
Our Project Managers are diligent problem solvers who can learn quickly and make things happen. They are expected to be proactive results-driven individuals with a track record of delivering across a broad range of digital technologies, platforms and channels. Ideally illustrating 5+ years of experience.
Ideally the candidate should have a technical background or be comfortable with dealing with technical experts.
Digital Project Managers are responsible for the full life-cycle management of projects from the initial brief through to deployment and transition to Support Desk.
This is a cross department role requiring effective communication between individual businesses that operate at WRBM and the Digital Delivery team that helps support those businesses.
Successful management of other internal teams is also essential, ensuring good communication across disciplines such as digital marketing strategy, business analysis, creative, technology and support desk.
Project Managers have a high level of demonstrated experience of both basic and advanced project management principles, including development of:
- Requirements Specifications and Business Case development
- Complex project plans, critical path analysis and resource levelling
- Ballparks and cost management
- Change requests
- Risk, assumptions, issues and dependencies
- Financial tracking and controls
- Supplier Management
- Budget: Internal and supplier.
- Scope: Deliverables against established Business Case.
- Schedule: Timeliness and schedules within a project plan.
- Resources: Team member assignments, allocations, and durations.
- Quality: Promoting the best product within the defined remit of the project.
Our Digital Project Managers are diligent problem solvers who can learn quickly and make things happen. You are expected to be a proactive results-driven individual with a track record of delivering across a broad range of technologies, platforms and channels.
Required Skills and Experience:
A Digital Project Manager must have the following essential skills, knowledge, and abilities:
- More than four years’ experience of delivering digital projects such as CMS implementations, Ad Serving set up, e-Commerce, Lead Generation, Subscriptions Management platform integrations, Analytics, etc.
- Strong organisational and administration skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to cope under pressure in a professional and calm manner.
- Adept at creating practical solutions to daily business challenges.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Comes from a technical background and has managed technical projects in the digital space.
It is considered beneficial but not essential for candidate to have:
- Have worked with external technology suppliers (SaaS platform providers, hosting, infrastructure, etc).
- Have experience of B2B publishing.
- Have experience in subscriptions management.
Why work for us:
We provide a supportive work environment and are committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all of our employees. Working for William Reed means that you will be joining a stable organisation that is committed to developing its employees and brands.
We have offices in Gatwick and London, UK; Montpellier, France; Singapore and Chicago, US. In line with the Company’s current Agile Working Policy, the successful candidate would be eligible to work part of the week from our Crawley office and to work remotely for the rest of the week.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics. If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.
Company Benefits Include:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Opportunity to participate in the Company’s Agile Working Policy
We look forward to hearing from you.