- £65,000 - £75,000 DOE
- eLearning, Back-End Development, Full Stack Development
- Contract Type
We are looking for a Lead Developer who will be working closely with Product managers and other key stakeholders. You'll lead a cross-disciplinary team to deliver iterative improvements to Elucidat’s products while responsible for identifying, designing and building technical solutions that deliver customer value & align with our technical strategy.
Elucidat provides a platform which enables our customers to build awesome training at scale. Are you a passionate, experienced Developer who loves solving problems and empowering people to achieve great results with the software they use? If so, join us in helping some of the world’s largest organisations deliver a transformational impact with the learning they produce for their teams.
Elucidat is officially one of the UK’s Best Workplaces in 2022 according to Great Place to Work. This is a great opportunity to join a passionate, smart and fun team. You’ll be supporting us at an exciting stage of our growth.
What we do
We’re a SaaS business with a vision to help build more successful, more ethical businesses through people-centered training. Our platform helps big employers drive down the cost of business-critical training. We make elearning easy to produce - super fast. We work with some of the worlds most successful organizations, including Oxfam, Tesco and DECIEM.
We put people first. We know that life is about more than work, so we give you space and support to thrive professionally and personally. Our success is fuelled by the positive attitudes and exceptional talent of our team, who live by our Learn, Care, Share values every day.
- We use Codeigniter, Laravel & React
- Previous experience as a Lead developer, ability to motivate and drive a team towards its goals.
- Strong understanding of the Agile methodology.
- A drive to deliver robust code through TDD/BDD.
- Knowledge of database technologies (SQL & NoSQL), and knows how best to use them.
- Good understanding of design patterns and methodologies like MVC & SOLID
- Strong version control skills
Nice to have
- An understanding or experience within an e-learning context
- Background or experience within product companies
Core responsibilities include:
- Researching upcoming projects and iterations. Helping to guide the product and break down projects from a technical perspective.
- Help the team refine tickets & plan sprints.
- Working as part of the team to produce high quality code that meets sprint goals.
- Ensuring the team delivers shippable increments to our product.
- Communicating the status of a project & raising any concerns or opportunities with relevant stakeholders
- Supporting our CTO by advising on our technical strategy, and ensuring the team’s projects are also aligned.
Elucidat wants you to flourish and thrive. We will support your development and career progression in ways that work for you, whether that’s to larger or different roles in your area or in other directions, including through career plans, pro-active development work and your dedicated monthly learning day.
- Our company values are 'Learn, Care, Share' which we apply to all aspects of our work, from our flexible working opportunities, to our friendly, supportive culture
- Flexible working and a healthy work/life balance - opportunities to help you juggle other commitments, work from home, and childcare
- Competitive salary, 25 days holiday (increasing to 30 with tenure)
- Inclusion in the company wide bonus scheme, designed to reward all employees as the business achieves new milestones
- Health benefits covering physical and mental wellbeing through Health Shield cash plan
- An office stocked with your favourite refreshments (including free fruit, cereal, chocolate, assortment of snacks and drinks)
- Opportunities to grow with career pathways
- 1 day per month dedicated learning time for all staff
- Happier weekdays - A meeting-light culture and opportunities to get to know team members better through things like weekly ‘donuts’, monthly socials, and events
- Happier weeknights - We organise socials every month and bring together everyone in the business including all remote workers at least once every 6 months to do team building exercises and to share ideas over dinner
- Giving back - There are opportunities for staff to give back to non-profit activities or charities that support the wider community
- Everyone has a voice - We are building a culture where everyone is respected and has a voice in the day to day running of the company - a workplace where everyone is valued for the contributions they make