Role: PR Account Manager
Permanent, in-house, full-time
PRG Marketing Communications is a full-service marketing agency, specialising in business-to-business (B2B) communications across a diverse range of industries including the built environment, logistics, property and the public sector. We are a second-generation family run company with 42 years in business.
We are looking for a driven and ambitious Account Manager with a passion for PR and copywriting to join our PR and Marketing team. In this role you will head up one of our key accounts whilst co-managing other clients with your fellow Account Managers, reporting directly to our Account Director.
- Heading up one of our key accounts, delivering high quality PR and marketing strategy and implementation of agreed activities
- Co-managing other client accounts, selecting the best combination of marketing channels to achieve their desired goals
- Writing to a high standard a variety of content including press releases, case studies, interviews, technical features, thought-leadership articles, blogs, newsletters, award entries
- Identifying newsworthy opportunities for clients, pitching stories to trade, regional and national journalists, responding with appropriate follow up and monitoring media coverage
- Preparing editorial calendars for clients to help plan and coordinate feature opportunities
- Building advertising plans and steering creative – researching media publications/websites, requesting rates, managing budgets, handling bookings, briefing and supplying artwork
- Researching vertical media publications/websites, offering recommendations on thought-leadership content, advertising, webinars etc.
- Preparing social media plans for clients – researching, writing and scheduling posts across relevant platforms, predominantly LinkedIn and Twitter
- Liaising with trade bodies and associations, identifying PR and marketing opportunities
- Supporting clients with events – from researching venues to attending on the day
- Regular reporting for clients including monthly activity and media coverage reports
- Supporting the team with proofing the content of fellow Account Managers
- Briefing team members and external suppliers on artwork, photography, videos etc.
- Brainstorming fresh ideas for client campaigns with the team, including for PRG’s marketing
- Attending client meetings in person and virtually, writing up notes into a contact report
- Supporting Account Director and Managing Director with research for new business proposals
To be considered, you will have:
- Strong writing skills, with at least 3-years’ B2B writing experience
- Thorough understanding of B2B PR and communication techniques
- Previously worked in an agency environment or as part of an in-house marketing team
- A good understanding of wider marketing, basic budgeting, and campaign planning
- The ability to manage projects to deadline
- Knowledge of the different social media platforms
- A hands-on ‘can-do’ attitude
- A family owned and run business, with a friendly, team-spirited environment
- The chance to develop your role in a small but growing team
- An exciting range of clients ranging from local SMEs to blue chip international organisations, predominantly B2B, but some B2C
- An ideal location – 1 minute walk to Eastbourne town centre, and 5 minutes to the beach
- Parking on site on a rota system
We are looking for someone who is driven and motivated to deliver to the highest level, both for PRG and the clients you will be managing. You need to be comfortable dealing with clients and have strong communication skills, be it in person, by email, on the telephone or by video conferencing.
Being a family run company, we value team work and our culture is very much friendly and supportive. If you think you would be a good fit, then please send your C.V. to email@example.com. Find out more about PRG at www.prgltd.co.uk.