Junior Full Stack Engineer (VC backed California & Brighton Team)
- Up to £45,000 + Equity for someone great
- Back-End Development, Full Stack Development
- Contract Type
Who we are
We are a consumer web3 startup based in Los Angeles and London and we are serial entrepreneurs with experience at top-tier consumer startups (like Snap).
We’re backed by world class investors like Lightspeed Ventures Partners (Snap, Affirm, FTX) and Upfront Ventures (GOAT, Ring, Bird). We’re building a personalized messaging platform to deliver first-of-its-kind fun and utility to existing web3 communities. We’ve closed a large seed round and are building out our creative and engineering teams in Los Angeles and London.
What we believe
- The world is only going to get more digital
- The future of media is in web3
- “Utility” can be synonymous with “fun”
- Being kind is just as important as being talented
What you’ll do
Stickies is looking for a full stack engineer to join the engineering team as we add new features and expand our platform from MVP to consumer-grade. We are a spin-off of an established startup and you’ll be building a platform shaped by our previous engineering team.
You will work alongside our leadership team and eventually product team to design new features, integrate consumer feedback, and design custom solutions for top-tier partners.
- Build our core web UI and support the development of new features
- Help motivate a team that inspires you
- Work with our UX and design colleagues in planning new features
- Write tests and make sure the code we ship is reliable and performant
- Assist with the technical specification and architecture of the application
- Have a ton of fun building in the wacky world of web3
What you’ll bring
You are ambitious, smart, kind, diligent and fun to work with. You’re ambitious and communicate well.
- You’ve got 2+ years experience building in any of the below:
- Typescript, Node.js, React, HTML/CSS
- NoSQL database design
- BaaS platforms like Firebase
- You believe in a web3 future but have been waiting for something big, shiny, real and special to come along. And here we are…
Nice to haves:
- Recreational or professional interest in web3, smart contracts, NFTs etc
- Building consumer or social products
- Discord bots, browser extensions, or mobile keyboard plugins
We are a small but mighty team of web3 enthusiasts who see the shift that is underway. But we don’t believe that the financialization of everything is the end goal and we want to help make the web3 world a little more fun.
The founding team of serial entrepreneurs comes from companies like Snap. Every team member is a meaningful shareholder in the company and needs to match our internal level of ambition, passion, energy and drive.
Office hours 9-6pm with flexible working options available. We are hybrid with two days a week in the office to socialize with the wider team, attend face-to-face meetings, and collaborate.
Perks and comp
- Equity (if we are right and you are great - this will be a big deal)
- Responsible time-off policy (no set vacation amount)
- Remote and flexible working opportunities
- No meeting Fridays
- Bike and technology schemes
- Company pension
- Team visits to LA twice per year (inc. at least one theme park)