We are a small, purpose-driven communications agency, working on content, social media and media relations campaigns.
Grounded in an editorial background, our multidisciplinary team creates campaigns that cut through the noise, whether we’re working on owned, earned or paid content. Our portfolio stretches from independent businesses to environmental initiatives and international development programmes.
We are guided by our values in everything we do – making a positive impact, pushing boundaries, looking after each other and embracing differences. We have a hybrid flexible working policy enabling everyone to do their job wherever they work best. We also offer access to a wellbeing-centred coworking space in Brighton and a satellite office in Norwich so people can work with other team members when needed.
We’re looking for an experienced and self-motivated account director or in-house communications professional who can run a range of creative content, social media and media campaigns alongside a small team.
With at least five years’ experience, you’ll be a dynamic and confident leader with excellent client management and project leadership skills, alongside a flair for writing and understanding how to communicate with different audiences. In collaboration with our small team you’ll work with clients to understand their needs. You will then create ideas and plans, and ensure strategies are translated into effective campaigns. Project management is key, as you’ll be a key point of contact for your clients and the team’s troubleshooter.
Every member of our team brings different strengths and we’re interested in people from diverse backgrounds, whether that’s PR, copywriting, influencer relations, social media, journalism or other sectors with exciting transferable skills.
About the role
- Most senior client point of contact – gathering information, offering advice, consultancy and keeping extended teams informed
- Interrogate briefs and uncover what’s really needed
- New business development – identifying and pursuing opportunities, translating briefs and developing strategies, creating campaigns and presenting those ideas
- Senior team support to ensure activity is delivered on schedule, to a high standard whilst managing a small team
- Overseeing and managing monthly priorities and team responsibilities, including managing freelance support when needed
- Creative idea development and tactical planning, as well as problem-solving as a campaign develops
- Implement and review client KPIs, review campaigns and learn from results
- Write many different forms of content – from blogs and social media posts to video scripts and press releases
- Interview experts and spokespeople to gather quotes and insights
- Write detailed briefs for other writers and edit their work
- Work collaboratively, running training sessions and sharing your expertise with the team
- Line management responsibility
Key skills, experience and qualifications:
- At least five years’ agency or in-house communications experience
- Broad experience delivering communications campaigns – diverse communications and marketing backgrounds are welcome
- Comfortable working across social media, PR and owned digital content
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to run a team
- Confident presentation skills – both for clients and new business
- Supportive and approachable manager – able to manage team’s workloads, brief well, run development/appraisal meetings
- Adept problem-solver what can spot potential issues quickly and decide how to act
- A self-starter able to juggle and prioritise different demands
- A sound sense of judgement
- Degree educated or equivalent qualifications
What we offer:
- Flexible part-time hours to suit your lifestyle
- Hybrid working with access to new sustainable co-working office environment
- Working on projects that have a positive impact on the world and our local community
- 24+ days holiday per year
- Regular social events
- Workplace pension scheme
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Both full and part-time applicants are welcome.
Closing date, 11pm on Sunday 16 October 2022