Business Analyst/ Product Owner
At 15gifts, we’re obsessed with the psychology of choice. We study the key consumer psychology principles that enable consumers to make confident choices on the high street, and we replicate these within our digital guided selling technology to enable consumers to make the same confident decisions online.
We work with some of the world’s leading telecommunications and media brands throughout Europe & the U.S. with our technology powering millions of confident customer decisions across brands such as Verizon, T-Mobile, O2, Sky, Virgin Media, EE, BT, Tesco and Vodafone.
With every interaction, we learn more about our clients' customers. Gathering insights to generate increasingly accurate product recommendations, whilst building up a detailed profile on each individual consumer.
We’re a fast growing organisation with continued ambitious growth targets over the coming years and we’re extremely excited about the opportunities that lie ahead. We’re a team that’s made of driven, ambitious, and exceptional individuals and we’re looking for like-minded people to become part of our success story.
About the role
This is a hybrid role requiring the traditional skills of a business analyst but also wearing the hat of a product owner for the scrum team. The individual will work closely with our Customer team, Data team and Tech team to implement features aligned to best practice configuration.
A key part of the role is to understand and document the requirements for customers and work with our tech teams as the scrum product owner to ensure delivery of scope. You’ll also assist teams and individuals across the business to identify inefficiencies in the current working practices and help implement new ways of working across all functions of the business.
You’ll be responsible for
- Taking ownership to gather requirements, define scope and estimation of effort for new customer implementations
- Working with the optimisation team and customer success team to define customer success plans
- Taking ownership of roll out of new features and customer success plan to customers
- Acting as subject matter expert of the customer engine and their product set
- Acting as the scrum product owner, working with all contributors to ensure successful and high quality delivery of the product based on best practice
- Defining and documenting functional and technical requirements in the form of user stories and communicating these to both technical and non technical stakeholders
- Taking ownership of customer configuration and optimisation to ensure our product is configured to best practice across clients
- Creating process maps, identifying issues and their root causes and outlining solutions to fix the problems
- Measuring current process effectiveness and defining new measures to see how successful any newly implemented ways of working have been
The person we’re looking for
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Proven experience of working in a SaaS product environment
- Experienced in using agile and hybrid development methodologies
- Has an eye for detail and an inquisitive mindset and is always looking for improvements in our product and ways of working
- Loves to work in a challenging customer facing role
- Loves problem solving, seeking out issues and delivering change
- Excellent communicator
- Happy working with technical resources and senior management alike
- Desire to be part of a fast growing business with a high pace of change
Why choose us
Our success is underpinned by our cultural values. These values are not something we stick up on a wall – they don’t need to be. They are behaviors that we recognise and celebrate in each other. They are what we live by every day.
Our Cultural Values
- Celebrate brilliance
- Take ownership
- Share Insights
- Look for a better way
- Support each other
Our values are driven through Culture Club – a staff team that rotates every quarter. Advocates for our culture as we grow, Culture Club activates ideas, makes improvements and helps everyone to connect.
Our office working
We can confidently say that our sea-view office is one of Brighton’s best, and we’re really excited that we’ve been able to open up the office to our entire team again. It’s been great to reconnect with everyone in person and to meet the newer members of our team for the first time!
When in the office, we have flexible workspaces, which means you’re not tied to a desk, unless you want to be. You could work in a sociable spot on floor 4, or set yourself up with a screen on floor 3. This is everyone’s space and it’s available after work – our staff host everything from gaming and craft nights to adventure film screenings.
- Employee Assistance Programme (confidential counselling)
- Medicash healthcare scheme (reclaim costs for dental, physiotherapy, osteopathy and optical care)
- easitBrighton travel scheme (discounted public transport options)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Insurance scheme
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
Other extras in the office
- On site changing rooms, showers and internal bike storage
- Breakfast, fresh fruit, snacks, beers
- Yoga and other fitness activities
- Regular social events, including Friday drinks and book club
- Visits from friendly office dogs