Midweight Visual Designer - Maternity cover (12 months)
Totara is a global talent development platform that offers customers a highly flexible platform for their learning and development needs. We currently serve over 1,500 customers worldwide and have more than 19 million end-users in 47 countries. We are setting the standard for success in our industry. To help us continue our growth, we are looking for a talented Visual Designer for our Community team, producing engaging content for our Totara customers and Partners around the world.
Working within our Community team, you will support the design and delivery of visual assets for use within the Totara Community, Academy and Help documentation and some tasks for our Marketing team. You will follow existing predefined formats and help design new ones. You will interpret briefs, discuss requirements and push ideas and concepts to their full potential.
The role is primarily focused on creating learning materials for courses and programs within the Totara Academy, which includes theming our platform and assets, content graphics, storyboarding and creation of video and animation. The role will also contribute to our new website, print collateral and content marketing assets for our global team. You will join us at an exciting time as we roll out a new global brand and a Community rebrand, and will work alongside our Brand team to realise the new brand within the Community, Academy and Help.
Tasks might include:
- Developing campaign concepts in line with brand guidelines
- Laying out materials for print and web
- Creating original illustrations to bring learning scenarios to life
- Storyboarding and animation
- Creating promotional assets for social media
- Creation of visual assets for learning scenarios, website, print collateral and content marketing
This role is a fixed-term position one-year to cover maternity leave. It will be based in our Brighton office with the flexibility to work hybrid or fully remotely.
- Confident user of Adobe CC Suite particularly InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Competency in After Effects
- Competency in MS Office (particularly building branded templates)
- Confident sketching (for storyboards and illustration roughs)
- Experience of sourcing and creating on-brand content graphics
- Can demonstrate a desire to innovate, learn new skills and technologies, keeping up-to-date with the latest trends in digital design
- Preparation of in-house marketing materials, both print and digital media
- Comfortable working with motion graphics
- Experience with e-learning authoring tools (particularly Adapt)
- Minimum three years visual design experience working as part of a team, either at an agency or inhouse
- A degree in a relevant design subject and/or a portfolio demonstrating your ability
- Experience of designing digital learning, and working with a learning management system
- Creative - You're brimming with creativity and are able to conceptualise original ideas
- Collaborative - You love to collaborate with others and can work autonomously
- Time-aware - You’re able to stick to pre-agreed schedules and deliver materials on time
- Adaptable - You’re willing to learn new software and techniques to get the job done
- Communicative - You can concisely present ideas and articulate your design decisions
- Organised - You’re able to prioritise, work at pace and to tight deadlines if needed
- Meticulous - we’re looking for someone with a keen eye for detail who can work accurately with supplied text
The qualifications above act as a loose guide to what we’re looking for. We’d still love to hear from you if you have more or less experience, so long as the core skills can be demonstrated.
Please submit your portfolio of work as part of your application.
What’s in it for you?
Of course, there are the standard things, like competitive salary and a pension plan. But, there’s also so much more, such as flexible working, autonomy, continuous learning, meaningful work and other bits & bobs (i.e. socials and food). Find out more on our careers page!