Midweight Visual Designer
- Totara Learning
- Brighton / Hybrid / Remote working
- Design / Creative, Marketing / PR
- Contract Type
Totara is a global talent development platform that offers customers a highly flexible platform for their learning and development needs. We currently serve over 1,500 customers worldwide and have more than 19 million end-users in 47 countries. We are setting the standard for success in our industry. To help us continue our growth, we are looking for a talented Visual Designer for the EMEA region.
As a Visual Designer, you will be the design lead for a wide variety of marketing assets across digital and offline media. This includes the creation of website graphics, digital banners, social media, video graphics, brochures, booth designs, merchandise, newsletters, print collateral, pitch decks and other marketing assets.
This role will be part of the Marketing team in EMEA, but also provide support to the Community team and the global marketing team as needed. You will be joining us at an exciting time as we roll out a global rebrand!
- Developing campaign concepts in line with new brand guidelines
- Liaising with stakeholders to determine requirements, timescale and budget
- Translating briefs into compelling creative ideas, working across all media – print, motion and digital design
- Developing graphics, layouts and easy-to-use branded templates
- Ensuring design consistency across the global marketing teams and channels
- Delivering end-to-end design work from concept and mock-ups to final assets
This full-time position can reside in our Brighton office with the flexibility to work hybrid or fully remotely.
- Confident user of Adobe CC Suite particularly InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Confident sketching (for storyboards and illustration roughs)
- Competency in MS Office (particularly building branded templates)
- Preparation of in-house marketing materials, both print and digital media
- Experience of sourcing and creating on-brand content graphics
- Demonstrate a desire to learn new skills and technologies, keeping up-to-date with the latest trends in digital design
- Working knowledge of WordPress and HubSpot
- Knowledge of video-editing and/or motion graphics would be a bonus
- 3+ years design experience working as part of a team, either at an agency or inhouse
- A degree in a relevant design subject
- A portfolio demonstrating your ability
- Creative - You're brimming with creativity and are able to conceptualise original ideas
- Collaborative - You love to collaborate with others and can work autonomously
- Time-aware - You’re able to stick to pre-agreed schedules and deliver materials on time
- Adaptable - You’re willing to learn new software and techniques to get the job done
- Communicative - You can concisely present ideas and articulate your design decisions
- Organised - You’re able to prioritise, work at pace and to tight deadlines if needed
The qualifications above act as a loose guide to what we’re looking for. We’d still love to hear from you if you have more or less experience, so long as the core skills can be demonstrated.
Please submit your online portfolio as part of your application.
What’s in it for you?
Of course, there are the standard things, like competitive salary and a pension plan. But, there’s also so much more, such as flexible working, autonomy, continuous learning, meaningful work and other bits & bobs (i.e. socials and food). Find out more on our careers page!