We are currently recruiting for a Junior New Product Developer to join our Creative team at Paladone!
Paladone is a wholesale giftware company with offices in the UK, US and Hong Kong. We design and distribute directly from our Head Quarters in Shoreham-By-Sea UK, Texas US and the Far East. Our mission is to create the best gift products and deliver them to our customers with an unrivalled customer focussed service.
Along with our own branded products, we offer a comprehensive range of licensed giftware. We work with many exciting mainstream brands such as Disney, Harry Potter and DC Comics, and we develop, design, manufacture and wholesale a wide range of gifts and novelties for our retail partners in the UK and around the world.
What are we looking for?
We are looking to recruit a talented Junior New Product Developer to support our continued growth. This is a great opportunity for a creative individual to develop their knowledge and skills within an established team.
Ideally the successful candidate will have experience in Project Management or Product Development within one of the following industries, Fashion, Retail, Toys & Games or Manufacturing.
The successful candidate will love the brands we work with and have a burning passion for great products. You will need to be interested, or well versed, in pop culture to identify with current trends and lifestyle brands which Paladone represents.
To assist in the development of new products and ranges from concept to production.
Project Management – Product development
- Assist with project management process of existing format products, working with Creative manager/Senior New Product Developers, Design, HK Merchandisers & Supply Chain.
- Assist developers to meet critical paths, ensuring all allocated tasks are completed within agreed deadlines
- Assisting with copy writing and copy checking for packaging, products & presentations
- Assisting with product costing, quote forms and negotiation
- Reviewing handmade samples & prototypes to ensure to ensure they are suitable
- Liaising closely with third party suppliers and internal staff to ensure testing, tooling, packaging requirements are delivered according to brief and within time and cost parameters.
Ideas and concept development
- To generate ideas and concepts for new products – this should be done with commercial mind set taking into account the product cost vs price point.
- Working with some of the world’s biggest brands (Disney, Warner Bros, Nintendo etc) to translate licensed brands and assets into amazing licensed products.
- Work with our designers to create great product ideas and then write up detailed product brief
- Writing product specifications for Far East suppliers
- Conduct market research in order to make commercial recommendations in relation to current & future products.
- Assist with competitor analysis and consumer profiling on a cyclical basis.
Identifying applicable trends, planning new ranges and presenting new range ideas to the business.
This is a fantastic Role for a Junior New Product Developer working within a fun, vibrant and innovative company; however, developing new products is not easy. To be successful in this role you will need to be passionate and have great drive and commitment.
- Product development degree or equivalent essential
- Strong Analytical skills
- Strong communication skills at all levels - both verbally and written
- Strong Assertive / Influencing skills
- Excellent Planning & Organisation ability
- Good Time Management / personal effectiveness
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Innovative and creative approach
- Commercial Awareness and application
If you love the idea of being part of a fun and talented creative team then this is an exciting opportunity for you!
You must be within travelling distance to our offices in Shoreham by Sea, as this role will be office based full time.
The core office hours are Monday – Friday 08:30am to 5:00pm, 37.5 hours per week.
We do offer flexi hours between 07:30 and 6:00pm. We also have a wide range of employee benefits available.
If you are interested in applying, please click the 'Apply' button to submit your application with your CV, covering letter and link to portfolio.