Business Development Manager
- Flexible - 2-4 days per month in East Croydon
- £30-65k basic depending on experience
- Business Development, Sales
- Mid-Level, Junior-Level
- Contract Type
Cyclr is growing and we are seeking to recruit a talented salesperson to our team. Previous experience in selling software applications remotely is key. Even better if you have worked for any kind of Platform as a Service company. We are more focussed on the individual and are flexible on the number of years’ experience you have.
You will be expected to hunt out opportunities using industry standard sales tools and processes and will be ready to show how you have done that successfully before. The business does generate a significant number of inbound enquiries, and our expectation is that 50% of your time will be spent on inbound opportunity management and 50% on outbound activities and management.
Cyclr is a powerful SaaS integration toolkit. Our clients are typically other software companies, digital agencies, and technically-literate enterprises. With Cyclr, clients can quickly create, manage, and deliver an amplified suite of integrations from within their own application.
Customers can be large or small and the audience is generally very tech savvy. Our clients can come from anywhere in the world and we regularly sell to North America, Australasia and Europe.
The salesperson’s role is to understand and interpret client requirements, communicate the benefits of using a platform such as Cyclr and to interact with the wider Cyclr team to draw-in technical expertise as required in the sales process.
The role reports to the Sales Director. Salary is based on experience and there are appropriate performance incentives.
We’re a young but growing business
Cyclr is growing fast. It will be exciting, things will evolve quickly, and you will get experience working on diverse projects. You are joining our business at a formative stage and have an opportunity to influence our development direction and growth and you will be helping to establish the foundations of a very large company.
- Managing the sale process from inception to completion, involving the technical and client delivery teams as appropriate
- Generating sales leads through your own outbound activity
- Managing sales leads provided through our inbound marketing activities
- Handling inbound communication through chat (and other online) channels
- Monitoring and maintaining CRM records
- Attending events
- 2 to 10+ years SaaS sales experience
- Demonstrable, and impressive, track record
- The presence, poise, and demeanour of an experienced sales professional
- Multi-stakeholder sales skills and understanding of sales methodologies
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail in all communications
- Sound project/process management skills
- Drive and energy
Working at Cyclr
We set out to be a flexible and adaptable employer. We believe that the best teams perform off the back of their own application and initiative and not because they are all made to fit in the same box. The most important thing to us is that you perform your role, deliver against expectation and that you are happy. We expect you to be responsible at work and to this end, we offer a high degree of responsibility when it comes to some of the more standard terms of employment.
LIFE COMES FIRST
We actively promote health and wellbeing and the importance of life outside work.
CUSTOMERS ARE PARTNERS
We listen to our partners and put them at the heart of the decisions we make.
We work with honesty and transparency to deliver a product that we can be truly proud of.
WE AIM HIGH
We are proactive and ambitious in developing our skills and growing the organisation.
Diversity and inclusion
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and believe that a diverse and inclusive team has a positive impact on our products and services.
Our core hours are 9-5, Monday-Friday but we are open to flexible working requests.
£30-65k basic depending on experience. OTE expectation of 2x Base Salary.
- A competitive salary based upon your experience and an annual salary review
- A choice of office locations to work from, or the option to work at home
- Family-friendly flexible working patterns
- An uncapped flexible holiday allowance and a mandatory day off on your birthday
- Auto-enrolment to our pension scheme
- The opportunity to develop your skills in a rapidly growing company and a healthy learning and development budget
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave for new parents
- Travel expenses are paid when traveling beyond your usual assigned office location.
- A generous referral bonus scheme if you can help us find other great teammates
- Cycle to work scheme that allows you to save money on a new work bike and spread the cost over monthly tax-free instalments through your employer.
- Plenty of team rewards as we hit our growth targets
Please send your CV and a short introduction, specifying the role for which you are applying, to firstname.lastname@example.org - NO AGENCIES
The Wired Sussex team caught up Cyclr to see what they're looking for in new recruits, and what they love about their roles. Read here