Events Assistant - International Sustainability Events
- Rethink Events Ltd
- Central Brighton
- Circa £20K Dependent on Experience Plus Bonuses
- Project Management, Marketing / PR, Office / Administration
- Contract Type
Rethink Events is a fast-growing company with an exceptional team that creates and delivers international business conferences promoting new technologies in sustainable agriculture, food, water and materials.
Based in Brighton, we work globally, with our biggest events taking place in San Francisco, New York, London, Singapore, Los Angeles, Amsterdam and São Paulo. We are passionate about promoting a more sustainable food system - and hope you are too!
Working closely with the Event Managers, the Events Assistant will be responsible for the following:
- Helping research and shortlist new venues, AV companies and other suppliers for upcoming summits
- Liaising with speakers in the run up to each summit, gathering photos, biographies and presentations
- Sending out session guidelines to moderators and setting up panel preparation calls with moderators and speakers
- Supporting the business development team with client liaison, chasing in logos and corporate profiles, and registering guests
- Assisting in the set-up of the virtual event platform and 1-1 meeting software, and keeping this up to date in the run up to and during the summit
- Building and managing the registration site for each summit, processing new registrations, updating details where needed, and pulling regular reports and data
- Proof-reading delegate lists in Cvent, creating branded delegate lists for the sales team to share, and organising badge printing
- Formatting summit presentations and managing speakers and presentations on the day of the summit – whether live-streamed or in-person
- Helping to run each event on the day, including set-up, registration, managing delegate queries, venue liaison and AV liaison
- Pulling post-event analytics from the summit platform to support the business development team with client reports
- Helping with the day-to-day running of the office, ensuring that the office is equipped with stationery and kitchen supplies and other administrative tasks
This is a busy, varied role and our ideal candidate will be bright, energetic and highly organised, with the following skills:
- Customer relations - we believe that building strong relationships with our speakers, sponsors and delegates is essential to our future success
- Project management - with an ability to organise and prioritise a variety of tasks
- Strong written communication skills - accuracy and attention to detail is a must
- Excellence in Microsoft Office - especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to manage external suppliers - including designers, printers and AV
- Self-motivated and organised - with an ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
This role would suit a recent graduate or someone with a few years’ work experience who is looking to move into event management. This is an excellent opportunity to gain a foothold in the industry and there are excellent opportunities for progression either as an event manager, or in production or marketing.
We prioritise a supportive and collaborative team culture, with flexible working hours and benefits including international travel, a ride to work scheme, and generous pension scheme.
Similar searches: Brighton and Hove, Marketing / PR, Office / Administration, Project Management