Over the past forty years, King & McGaw have become the most prominent fine art publisher in the UK. By working directly with leading museums and galleries, we are proud guardians of prestigious art licenses, including The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts, Keith Haring Foundation, Tate, National Gallery and British Vogue to name a few.
We are recruiting a growth-focused CRM and Performance Marketing Manager to drive customer acquisition and retention strategies. The successful candidate will become the business’ expert on ‘customer’ and their journey through the brand engagement and ecommerce funnel. They will manage and drive the performance marketing activity across channels and markets to ensure all KPIs are met, and work closely with the Head of eCommerce and the Brand & Campaign Manager to implement the eCommerce and Marketing strategies.
- Own the King & McGaw customer experience, analysing and segmenting the database to improve customer engagement to build brand equity and drive sales.
- Communicate weekly, monthly and seasonal performance of digital marketing, including Paid Social and PPC activity, Email and overall customer acquisition and retention to the wider team.
- Work with the Head of eCommerce to monitor and build on the success of SEO.
- Work with external agencies to analyse marketing performance, proposing recommendations to improve and grow.
- Work with marketing colleagues to ensure that brand assets and marketing messages are on-brand and inline with seasonal campaigns and marketing objectives to support the delivery of the global marketing strategy.
- Analyse and devise improvements to customer engagement.
- Owner of Email strategy, working closely with the Content team to plan and create the weekly email sends. Manage customer nurture and abandonment email flows.
- Propose the e-commerce customer acquisition strategy and relevant targets working alongside the Campaign Marketing Manager and Content Editor.
- Work closely with the PR and brand team to deliver link building targets and optimise PR activity through reflecting any key messages and coverage in online digital initiatives.
Hybrid working available, must commit to 3 days on site in Newhaven.
To apply, please send your CV and cover note to email@example.com.